• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good programmer / bad programmer"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Artistically gifted on an IT forum? You'd be lucky
    Old hack is an old queen, surely he can waft a paint brush or two.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Artistically gifted on an IT forum? You'd be lucky

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    I thought the pc would land on the laughing smiley
    That would be a classic smiley!

Can one of you artistically gifted people make it so?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sooooooooooo tempted to put that into my presentation. But I think it might undermine the message if they thought I was taking the piss.
    You must be able to work it in, I dare you!

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I thought the pc would land on the laughing smiley

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sooooooooooo tempted to put that into my presentation. But I think it might undermine the message if they thought I was taking the piss.
    You definitely need a bit of humour in there - go for it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    One of my favourite programming stats:

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Shame Microsoft doesn't seem to employ any of them
    Originally posted by Mrs Gates' little boy
    “If you think you're a really good programmer… read (Knuth's) Art of Computer Programming… You should definitely send me a résumé if you can read the whole thing."

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by teclo View Post
    I like this quote from old Billy Gates:

“A great lathe operator commands several times the wage of an average lathe operator, but a great writer of software code is worth 10,000 times the price of an average software writer.” –Bill Gates
    Shame Microsoft doesn't seem to employ any of them

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    I like this quote from old Billy Gates:

“A great lathe operator commands several times the wage of an average lathe operator, but a great writer of software code is worth 10,000 times the price of an average software writer.” –Bill Gates

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fred Brooks in "The Mythical Man Month", if I remember correctly from my software engineering days - don't know what the productivity ratio was he mentioned.
    A great book.

Joel Spolsky definitely talks about this too but I can't find which article.

edit: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/HighNotes.html
    Not the one I was thinking of but related.
    Last edited by d000hg; 5 December 2012, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    A quote I read from Steve Jobs, he quoted a 25x increase in productivity in A programmers vs lesser mortals.
    Darn. I negged you a while back, and now I can't + rep you....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Perfect. You are a flippin' genius.

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    A quote I read from Steve Jobs, he quoted a 25x increase in productivity in A programmers vs lesser mortals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X