• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First day of a new contract. Do you..."

Collapse

• teclo
    replied
    "Sticky Biscuit" sounds like one of those crazy British nuclear weapon concepts from the second world war. You know, like the nuclear landmines kept warm with chickens.

Blue Peacock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    First day of a new contract. Do you...

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    I am ex military - I know of Sticky Biscuit.

It never got the chance to get soggy. Much better to bolt it down in a crunch
    Have you played 'Freckles'?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Re: First day of a new contract. Do you...

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Make your own in the canteen. Don't forget to lick the spoon.
    Well, the canteen is all the rave... :banghead:

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Today is my first day, and I am not taking my chutney sandwich with me.
    Make your own in the canteen. Don't forget to lick the spoon.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Today is my first day, and I am not taking my chutney sandwich with me.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Go with the flow on the first day; I've always been taken to lunch, no matter how foul.

Then make sure you take a late/early lunch so you don't have to get into those ridiculous cycles where you all lunch together and talk shop.

Isn't that a delicious Shortbread with a custard cream like topping I have been told about

Leave a comment:

• Gruffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Or the PA is actually a bloke and they have a little game of soggy biscuit
    I am ex military - I know of Sticky Biscuit.

It never got the chance to get soggy. Much better to bolt it down in a crunch

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It was a typo, he meant 'over' not 'with'.
    Or the PA is actually a bloke and they have a little game of soggy biscuit

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It was a typo, he meant 'over' not 'with'.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    I go for a pot noodle with the PA.
    why don't you just **** her instead

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yes. This is your chance to show them how you roll (pun intended).

Unfold a picnic blanket in the middle of the office, unbuckle your hamper (double entendre not intended) and flop out your cold meats and interesting cheeses.

Pop the cork on a bottle of Dom perignon and cheekily wink at the 19 year old blonde office junior and pat the blanket next to you.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I take the whole team out to a good restaurant in my Bentley and pay with my black AMEX while pontificating on my next holiday to my villa in Barbados in the chartered jet, just to let them know who's boss

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Surely you get your butler to bring in swans wings?

Leave a comment:

• Gruffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    ...take a packed lunch with you?

I hate the overpriced junk-food available at most sites, so always take a packed lunch. Seems to get some people's backs up, particularly on day one, but f*** 'em.

What is the consensus view? Packed? Or go with the flow - even if only for a day?
    I go for a pot noodle with the PA.

Leave a comment:

• jgy6000
    replied
    First day of a new contract. Do you...

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    But how do you know that the flow is until you are there?
    Good point, take your sandwich with you, if everyone's going to the canteen or popping to nandos hide them in your pocket

Leave a comment:

Working...
X