• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First day of a new contract. Do you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It was a typo, he meant 'over' not 'with'.
    Or the PA is actually a bloke and they have a little game of soggy biscuit
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Or the PA is actually a bloke and they have a little game of soggy biscuit
      I am ex military - I know of Sticky Biscuit.

It never got the chance to get soggy. Much better to bolt it down in a crunch

Comment

Go with the flow on the first day; I've always been taken to lunch, no matter how foul.

Then make sure you take a late/early lunch so you don't have to get into those ridiculous cycles where you all lunch together and talk shop.

Isn't that a delicious Shortbread with a custard cream like topping I have been told about

Comment

Today is my first day, and I am not taking my chutney sandwich with me.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Today is my first day, and I am not taking my chutney sandwich with me.
            Make your own in the canteen. Don't forget to lick the spoon.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Re: First day of a new contract. Do you...

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Make your own in the canteen. Don't forget to lick the spoon.
              Well, the canteen is all the rave... :banghead:
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

First day of a new contract. Do you...

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
                I am ex military - I know of Sticky Biscuit.

It never got the chance to get soggy. Much better to bolt it down in a crunch
                Have you played 'Freckles'?

Comment

"Sticky Biscuit" sounds like one of those crazy British nuclear weapon concepts from the second world war. You know, like the nuclear landmines kept warm with chickens.

Blue Peacock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                  X