• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pressies for oldies"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post

For relatives we dont like we adopt a goat in the third world on their behalf - they get a certificate and everything
    That's what my mum gets for her birthday and xmas.....

nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I used to buy the parents hardback books for Christmas, often pretty expensive, until on one visit they wondered if I could take a box load of books down to the charity shop. Guess which books the box was full of, all lovingly inscribed! So from now on it's a couple of DVDs each Christmas.
    Its a complete waste of money buying people things, just buy yourself what you want and cut out the middle man.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Sorted.

Mine's getting one of these. Big button mobile phone Think I'll forget to program the SOS button - don't fancy getting called every time she accidentally presses it.

His will get garden centre vouchers unless he comes up with something better before we see them in a fortnight.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I used to buy the parents hardback books for Christmas, often pretty expensive, until on one visit they wondered if I could take a box load of books down to the charity shop. Guess which books the box was full of, all lovingly inscribed! So from now on it's a couple of DVDs each Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I've still got some quality schmutter in the garage from our closed shop which I can let you have for £100

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    A slow cooker?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Get a coctail bar installed on the Stanna stair lift

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yeah, thought about that. Not sure how she'd get on with it. Will give it some thought.
    Don't make the mistake of pre-loading 50 shades of Grey on it. It's not about the different characteristics of nice old people. Allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Has she got a Kindle. My 90 year old (and near blind) Gran swears by hers.
    Yeah, thought about that. Not sure how she'd get on with it. Will give it some thought.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    She's had both a goat and tea towels in the past...
    Now what would she do with that combination?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    For relatives we like: we go for experiences: big sale on last min.com stuff like that

For relatives we dont like we adopt a goat in the third world on their behalf - they get a certificate and everything

The year my nan got my mum Ttowels for xmas was this turning point .....
    She's had both a goat and tea towels in the past...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    For relatives we like: we go for experiences: big sale on last min.com stuff like that

The year my nan got my mum Ttowels for xmas was this turning point .....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Mine's not mobile. She's disabled, and pretty much restricted to where she can get to on her mobility scooter. In laws are already members I think - but I will check, it's a good idea.
    Has she got a Kindle. My 90 year old (and near blind) Gran swears by hers.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Mine's not mobile. She's disabled, and pretty much restricted to where she can get to on her mobility scooter.
    New alloys for the scooter?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X