• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "hey cobber its all gone black"

Collapse

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Are you sure you're actually from Australia?
    No I'm not. And I was pulling EOs leg.

F**k me, you people are IT robots. "DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE"

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    They don't sell Fosters in Australia. It's too weak for the domestic market.
    Yes they do, its just not very popular.

The brewery (actually named Fosters) dont promote it much as they make more money from Crown, VB etc

Incidentally the Fosters in Australia is 4.9%, the same as Crown.

Are you sure you're actually from Australia?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    no sh!t Bruce.

well, to be honest, I didn't ask for a packet of crisps either

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    No doubt Aussielong will figure his evening's cocktail of drugs and booze has finally kicked in and he's had another episode

I bet you've kissed a few cane toads.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    They are a superstitious lot, these aussies.
    I was over there a few years ago, in Alice Springs and I was in a bar .

The barman refused to serve me, because I was a bit, er, 'unsteady'
    'Sorry mate, we dont serve boguns'

but I knew there was an eclipse coming, so I pointed to the sky, and shouted
    'O great sun God, listen to thine servant, head of the Liverpool Bumdingo tribe, and go dark'

when the sky went dark, the aussies started wailing and throwing dirt into their hair, then they got down on their hands and knees , grovelling to me,
    'O great chief of the BumDingos, please make the sun shine again. dont leave us in perpetual darkness'
    just then , the eclipse ended, so I said

'pint of fozzies and a packet of crisps please mate'

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Youtube has a more reliable live feed.

Total Solar Eclipse Live - YouTube

Starts around 7:50pm UK time, with totality at 8:39pm.
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 13 November 2012, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    what made it really funny though, was that it was 12 oclock at night

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    They are a superstitious lot, these aussies.
    I was over there a few years ago, in Alice Springs and I was in a bar .

The barman refused to serve me, because I was a bit, er, 'unsteady'
    'Sorry mate, we dont serve boguns'

but I knew there was an eclipse coming, so I pointed to the sky, and shouted
    'O great sun God, listen to thine servant, head of the Liverpool Bumdingo tribe, and go dark'

when the sky went dark, the aussies started wailing and throwing dirt into their hair, then they got down on their hands and knees , grovelling to me,
    'O great chief of the BumDingos, please make the sun shine again. dont leave us in perpetual darkness'
    just then , the eclipse ended, so I said

'pint of fozzies and a packet of crisps please mate'

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I thought 6.35, not long after day break. Should be weird, sun just appears on the horizon only to suddenly disappear. It's the build up too, to the wet season, so it could be cloudy.
    5:35 in Cairns, according to timeanddate.com: The World Clock - Time Zone Converter - United Kingdom – England – London vs Australia – Queensland – Cairns

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    That was pretty much my train of thought...
    Not too sure why, but I thought Queensland was 11 hours ahead.

I thought you were going that way in your original post, and thought it would be close, but now realise it's not close, it's at the same time...

I guess the sky will light up pre dawn, then suddenly get dark, then be brilliant sunshine. If it isn't cloudy...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Not at 5.35 I think, as in the tropics, you normally get 12 hours of sunlight.

Edit: Just checked and sunrise is at 5.35. Not really going to make much of a difference then....
    That was pretty much my train of thought...

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Ahhh, so it will be daylight before the eclipse. As you were, nothing to see here.
    Not at 5.35 I think, as in the tropics, you normally get 12 hours of sunlight.

Edit: Just checked and sunrise is at 5.35. Not really going to make much of a difference then....

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    5:35 of a summer morning. Tomorrow morning, in fact.
    Ahhh, so it will be daylight before the eclipse. As you were, nothing to see here.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I thought 6.35, not long after day break. Should be weird, sun just appears on the horizon only to suddenly disappear. It's the build up too, to the wet season, so it could be cloudy.
    No doubt Aussielong will figure his evening's cocktail of drugs and booze has finally kicked in and he's had another episode

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    5:35 of a summer morning. Tomorrow morning, in fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X