• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "There is hope for Microsoft!"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Funny, I see it as the polar opposite.

Also, you might be interested to know that ribbon was led by Julie Larson-Green , Sinofsky's understudy.

She didn't even have much to do with it, even though she was leading it either, other than playing the game in a big corporate environment.

Interview with Julie Larson-Green about Office 2007 and Windows 7 - YouTube

I know who I'd rather run the show with Windows development.
    Gordon Letwin

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    She didn't even have much to do with it, even though she was leading it either, other than playing the game in a big corporate environment.

Interview with Julie Larson-Green about Office 2007 and Windows 7 - YouTube
    Julie on the Touch screen stuff

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Also, you might be interested to know that ribbon was led by Julie Larson-Green , Sinofsky's understudy.
    Everybody under Sinofsky would have had to love and do ribbon as otherwise he'd fire them.

Sinofsky made a lot of big design decisions such as Metro tulip - fecking over good release of Windows with bad, perhaps he demanded Ballmer upgrades his office PC from Windows 7?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    AtW is just still cross he STILL can't understand ribbon. No wonder M12 still can't search for toffee.
    It is impossible to make a search engine. Only Google can do this. Atw told me this.

toffee at DuckDuckGo
    Toffee - Factbites
    Web Search - "toffee" - Exalead

etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    AtW is just still cross he STILL can't understand ribbon. No wonder M12 still can't search for toffee.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I have sort of learned to love the Ribbon, once you have loaded "search commands" from microsoft research and got your head round the idea its pretty good.

Windows 7 is the most stable and instantly usable operating system I have ever seen in the user space. (Linux may have the edge on timex style reliability but 7 is pretty close).

it can even be run secureish.

not sure about metro yet.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Microsoft is a big monster. They really need to cut the workforce and make it lean and come out with innovative products. I have heard of guys writing about a thousand line of code for some feature for the Windows OS and it took a year to approve the code.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Funny, I see it as the polar opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlPKmAJGRs

I know who I'd rather run the show with Windows development.
    Last edited by Scoobos; 13 November 2012, 09:02.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic There is hope for Microsoft!

There is hope for Microsoft!

The horrible man who pushed Ribbon tulip, Metro tulip has been given kick up his fat arse -

Microsoft’s Windows President, Steven Sinofsky, Leaves Company Following Launch Of Windows 8 | TechCrunch

Working...
X