• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Birmingham - is it tulip?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    I actually quite like Heinze Beans+Sausage. It's the bacon, kidney and omelette that put me off

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's along the same lines as:

and

Sausage with beans!

Memories of Compo rations!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Doesn't the food get wet?
    It's along the same lines as:

and

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just back from German Christmas Market opening - nice food and beer in 1L glass
    Doesn't the food get wet?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just back from German Christmas Market opening - nice food and beer in 1L glass

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The nice parts of Manchester aren't actually in Manchester oddly. And what's the deal with only having one park in the entire city?
    Lack of parks is the major downside with Brum.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Clearing some stuff out at the weekend I actually found a relic of that visit, a CAMRA tie, polyester as well. You would have thought that being real ale followers they would have used a natural substance
    Good one!

When we visited Brum CAMRA was still in its early days and gassy chemical beers still prevailed in many places.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The South of Birmingham is fabulous place. Stratford upon Avon etc.

Birmingham city centre is probably no worse than most cities, is Leeds or Manchester any better?

If you've got a job in an IT company south of Birmingham, I would say gr8 stuff. I would rather live there than Manchester.
    The nice parts of Manchester aren't actually in Manchester oddly. And what's the deal with only having one park in the entire city?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The South of Birmingham is fabulous place. Stratford upon Avon etc.

Birmingham city centre is probably no worse than most cities, is Leeds or Manchester any better?

If you've got a job in an IT company south of Birmingham, I would say gr8 stuff. I would rather live there than Manchester.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    < joke already included in original article> sorry.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I went to the Great British Beer Festival in Brum one year though...
    Clearing some stuff out at the weekend I actually found a relic of that visit, a CAMRA tie, polyester as well. You would have thought that being real ale followers they would have used a natural substance

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    They have their own website specifically denying it!

Obviously You'll need to tulip the tulip filter...

Brummie Baywatch - Birmingham: It's Not tulip

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    We went to the Motor Show in Brum one year and couldn't find any decent beer.
    I went to the Great British Beer Festival in Brum one year though...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    When I go down to London, maybe twice a year, London does look good. I like London.

Nothing on Edinburgh it has to be said, that place is truly the Athens of the North.
    Every time I visit Edinburgh (which is nowhere near often enough), I'm impressed with how nice it is.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    When I go down to London, maybe twice a year, London does look good. I like London.

Nothing on Edinburgh it has to be said, that place is truly the Athens of the North.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X