• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bl**** Cyclists !!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bl**** Cyclists !!"

Collapse

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

To mad to talk...grrrrrrr...i'll come back to you all....
    I was driving home through my village on evening in question, narrow lanes and crawling traffic both directions. 2 cyclist were coming in the other direction on the outside of the slow moving vehicles and into my lane. I flash my lights and gestured for them to get over so as not to be hit, as I could not move over, and they start hurling loads of abuse at me.

WTF ?? Will just mow them down next time.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not if they step out in front of you, while the lights are against them, and they are wearing headphones, and looking the wrong way. As happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Or they come wandering across the road while you are waiting at the lights and are too busy looking at their phone to watch where they are walking and end up walking straight into you, and then looking surprised to see you. As also happened to me.
    Personally I would support legislation requiring telephones to be attached firmly to the ground by lightweight yet sturdy cables, and the area surrounding the telephone to be protected by a brick and mortar structure known as a 'house'. In some remote areas, or places where one might wish to provide a telephone for the convenience of the public, one could consider replacing the brick and mortar structure with a heavyweight cast iron box, large enough to accomodate a standing person and painted bright red for visibility and safety. This innovation would, I feel, be a major contribution to public safety.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    To be cut up by a pedestrian don't they have to be going faster than you?
    Not if they step out in front of you, while the lights are against them, and they are wearing headphones, and looking the wrong way. As happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Or they come wandering across the road while you are waiting at the lights and are too busy looking at their phone to watch where they are walking and end up walking straight into you, and then looking surprised to see you. As also happened to me.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Service stations are a feckin' nightmare to run past. People always start driving off too soon as they feel obliged to let the car behind into the pump, then as they are moving they are trying to belt up, stick a receipt in the glove box, deal out Cornettos to the kids on the back seat and keep an eye on the road to see when they can pull out. Easiest place to get whacked.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Today I got cut up by 3 cars and 6 pedestrians. A fairly average day. Of course by process of extrapolation it means that all cars should be banned from the roads. Nearly killing an Olympian too.
    To be cut up by a pedestrian don't they have to be going faster than you?

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    That's what he gets for flying the bloody Union Flag upside down!

Perhaps it is being used correctly as a distress signal

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Here in NL we have a complete network of cycle paths which should make things safer but actually creates a whole new set of risks; fat wobblers who use up the whole path cycling side by side, old codgers on electric bikes who can't stay upright, kids pissing around with their StupidPhones (tm) while cycling, etc.
    Got run off the cable st bike path into a fence couple of weeks ago by a fat wobbler, safer picking fights with the cabbies. 3 bikes this morning (6am) - no lights - tazer them

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Yeah, what is it with kids texting while cycling!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Here in NL we have a complete network of cycle paths which should make things safer but actually creates a whole new set of risks; fat wobblers who use up the whole path cycling side by side, old codgers on electric bikes who can't stay upright, kids pissing around with their StupidPhones (tm) while cycling, etc.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This may jinx it, but the commute has been very quiet of late. Considering it's 16 miles each way and includes Hammersmith, Kensington and Hyde Park Corner the scope for muppetry is considerable.

Have seen a few close calls for other people recently, but nothing affecting me directly.
    Same here DaveB, even with the kids coming back to school, been fairly uneventful. The only incident I've had was someone pulling out in front of me on a roundabout but that, ironically, was on the motorbike rather than the bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    That's what he gets for flying the bloody Union Flag upside down!
    You sure it's not just the back?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I cycled to Bristol Airport the other day, a good 23 miles on the A38. I then of course had to cycle back a couple of days later.

I'll not be doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Today I got cut up by 3 cars and 6 pedestrians. A fairly average day. Of course by process of extrapolation it means that all cars should be banned from the roads. Nearly killing an Olympian too.
    This may jinx it, but the commute has been very quiet of late. Considering it's 16 miles each way and includes Hammersmith, Kensington and Hyde Park Corner the scope for muppetry is considerable.

Have seen a few close calls for other people recently, but nothing affecting me directly.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Noooooo! At this rate of elimination, those of us that survive will be left over to win the medals!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X