• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Judge Orders Woman to Wear "Idiot" Sign"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    no should have crushed her husbands car and sent her for counselling.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    My favourites are those halfwits who upon seeing you reversing decide to run into your path and gesture at you in a sign language they've just made up. I can only imagine they think the bloke I ordinarily keep in my boot for reversing duties must have broken his leg and be out of commission. They're always surprised when I stop and tell them the only thing preventing me from reversing like a normal individual is some idiot in my way blocking my view and waving their arms like a broken wind turbine. They usually stand and gawp at you as well once they've belatedly realised they are the idiot I'm referring to. At that point I stop again and gawp back with the same gormless expression as they have until they get the message I don't need an audience either.
    You're single aren't you.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I remember a bloke watching my mother make a cock up of parallel parking.

Bloke: "C'mon love, you could park a bus in there."

Mother, (through gritted teeth): "Yes, but I'm not driving a bus."

My first job was with the MOD in the 80s. We were advised to reverse into our parking space so we could make a quick getaway if the IRA started shooting at us. I always reverse in and have never been shot at, so it must work.
    My favourites are those halfwits who upon seeing you reversing decide to run into your path and gesture at you in a sign language they've just made up. I can only imagine they think the bloke I ordinarily keep in my boot for reversing duties must have broken his leg and be out of commission. They're always surprised when I stop and tell them the only thing preventing me from reversing like a normal individual is some idiot in my way blocking my view and waving their arms like a broken wind turbine. They usually stand and gawp at you as well once they've belatedly realised they are the idiot I'm referring to. At that point I stop again and gawp back with the same gormless expression as they have until they get the message I don't need an audience either.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Law unto themselves in Middlesbrough these days

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I remember a bloke watching my mother make a cock up of parallel parking.

Bloke: "C'mon love, you could park a bus in there."

Mother, (through gritted teeth): "Yes, but I'm not driving a bus."

My first job was with the MOD in the 80s. We were advised to reverse into our parking space so we could make a quick getaway if the IRA started shooting at us. I always reverse in and have never been shot at, so it must work.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Same reason top chefs are men.

We can't be f****** bothered.

touche

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    well if women are such good drivers, how come none of them are driving f1 cars every other sunday ?

Same reason top chefs are men.

We can't be f****** bothered.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I know lots of women who can park properly and lots of bloody men who can't.

Mind you I live in London and it's normally women who drive the car in the week and the men who are Sunday drivers who are just so slow
    well if women are such good drivers, how come none of them are driving f1 cars every other sunday ?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    dont bash the bishop.

look , it's logic. let me explain. if you can park properly, then you must be the exception that proves the rule, therefore i was right all along

I know lots of women who can park properly and lots of bloody men who can't.

Mind you I live in London and it's normally women who drive the car in the week and the men who are Sunday drivers who are just so slow

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Oh, EO. You're a bloke: you'll always be wrong, even if no woman is around to hear you speak!*

* I think it was Bishop Berkeley that said that originally. Or was that trees falling in the forest?
    dont bash the bishop.

look , it's logic. let me explain. if you can park properly, then you must be the exception that proves the rule, therefore i was right all along

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Yep, far to lenient. A years driving ban, driver reeducation course and a massive fine would have been more appropriate. She got off pretty lightly.
    Now that I would have agreed with.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    well. thats just proves I am right then. doesnt it ?
    Oh, EO. You're a bloke: you'll always be wrong, even if no woman is around to hear you speak!*

* I think it was Bishop Berkeley that said that originally. Or was that trees falling in the forest?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    We got rid of ducking stools for gossips and dunce's hats for slow pupils some years ago. This 'punishment' comes right out of that same outdated school of thinking.
    Yep, far to lenient. A years driving ban, driver reeducation course and a massive fine would have been more appropriate. She got off pretty lightly.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm quite good at parallel parking. My first job (right after I passed my test) was in a busy part of town, and involved squeezing into lots of tight parking spaces, so I got plenty of practice. Reversing around a corner is the one I can't do at all well - there's just no angle for the makeup mirror, see?!
    well. thats just proves I am right then. doesnt it ?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Ha , notice how she steers round the bad parking point.
    steers round -geddit ?? steers round

see they are all at it. women drivers
    I'm quite good at parallel parking. My first job (right after I passed my test) was in a busy part of town, and involved squeezing into lots of tight parking spaces, so I got plenty of practice. Reversing around a corner is the one I can't do at all well - there's just no angle for the makeup mirror, see?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X