• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How are you celebrating 21/12/12?"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Will anything special happen at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12?

That's the last one ever this century.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was thinking 12/12/12 which seems more worth celebrating IMO as it's the last time we'll see 3 matching numbers for a while.
    Will anything special happen at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12?

That's the last one ever. Unless some pope changes the calendar again.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by redgiant View Post
    I got given a doomsday countdown clock by one of my clients last Christmas. Only 18 days to go
    I really, really should buy my wife some presents. I am pissed that the end of the world is coming a day after her borthday. If it came on her birthday, I could have got away without buying any presents...

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    I got given a doomsday countdown clock by one of my clients last Christmas. Only 18 days to go

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Last-minute surge in demand for Mayan apocalypse advent calendars

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Got to at least mark the occasion. End of the Mayan calendar and all that. A pole shift would obviously spice things up a bit, as would a massive solar flare and fly past of a rogue planer from the Kuiper belt.

Somehow doubt any of that, but I fancy haggis, whiskey and Dundee cake for some reason.

Anyone else planning to mark this damp squib?
    You are a bit late we missed the apocalypse as the Mayan's didn't use leap years in their calculations, so in the last 5,125 years (their long calendar) there was 1242 February the 29th they didn't factor in so instead of the world ending on the 21st December 2012, it should have ended 28th July 2009.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Somehow doubt any of that, but I fancy haggis, whiskey and Dundee cake for some reason.
    And maybe a nice cheese to go with the cake.

By George you might be onto something!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    FTFY. Don't forget the world is ending on the 21st.
    it is

Deal the gen

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I was thinking 12/12/12 which seems more worth celebrating IMO as it's the last time we'll see 3 matching numbers ever.
    FTFY. Don't forget the world is ending on the 21st.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Are you sure about that. the 21st is a friday and for me the last billing day of the year.
    I was thinking 12/12/12 which seems more worth celebrating IMO as it's the last time we'll see 3 matching numbers for a while.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Last day of contract (with, I'm told, a possibility of extension until Feb). So, I'll either be celebrating the successful conclusion of a discrete piece of work, or that and celebrating an extension to look forward to after the Christmas break. Either way, I'll be celebrating.
    WGS

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It'll be my half-birthday.

So not at all.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Well, it's a wednesday so I don't want to get too twatted and miss a days billing if the world doesn't end.
    Only in your world

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well, it's a wednesday so I don't want to get too twatted and miss a days billing if the world doesn't end.
    Are you sure about that. the 21st is a friday and for me the last billing day of the year.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X