• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for the experts: MSCS how to know when it last failed over ?"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    I'll give him a slap next time I see him Beansey. Tsk tsk, these young 'uns, no respect...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks Mordy, you need any help with (rearrange these letters accordingly) ASP just pm me.

MF, I'll let you off that one as you are now a fellow father.

How's business, how many shops and what is the outlook on the highstreet ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I thought you only dealt with printers Milan. Are you trying to better yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    thanks Mordy me old mate.

aside of the event viewer logs where are the cluster logs ?
    Twas nothing Beansey.

The default location is C:\windows\cluster\cluster.log (or c:\winnt\ etc) (Or just do a search for cluster.log)

If you have logging disabled, you'll need to enable it (see link)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168801

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    In a little bit of a panic, Milan, are we? I'm sure soneone as wise as you has a Plan B? Oh I see, posting on here WAS your Plan B? Just as good as your real Plan B then ....
    someone

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Logging Information

thanks,

Milan.

p.s. any questions you have on .Net I shall reciprocate the favour

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    I tend to use the MSCFS as the abbreviation after what it does to me periodically... replace F with the F word.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I guess someone's going to be working at the weekend again.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

thanks,

Milan.

p.s. any questions you have on .Net I shall reciprocate the favour

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Have a look ath the cluster log (assuming you haven't disabled cluster logging). If it's not there, this quite useful tool will tell you if it's set up properly, and test for fail-overs etc.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks sas, no panics here.

also clear to see no experts here too !

plan b is doing very well thank you

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    what is cluster service, what is sql server, what is ms, it's the stuff which puts food on the table.

Milan.
    Judging by your knowledge of it, you must be starving ...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    it's a damn good job none of this stuff works, I'm all for it, if it worked monkeees like us wouldn't be needed to baby sit it all

what is cluster service, what is sql server, what is ms, it's the stuff which puts food on the table.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    In a little bit of a panic, Milan, are we? I'm sure soneone as wise as you has a Plan B? Oh I see, posting on here WAS your Plan B? Just as good as your real Plan B then ....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    less of it, just get me the answer

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X