• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weekend you will mostly be......................"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    We were playing Rockabilly in the pub on Saturday, and it was f*** brilliant. Wé´ve got the sound sorted.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 4 November 2012, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Had planned to finish building the single speed and take it for a test ride but a severe bout of D&V yesterday has left me feeling a little feeble today and I can't face going out in the cold.

Staying in in the warm, eating comfort food and possibly an evening of Guild Wars 2 is about as much as I can manage.

Tomorrow? Who knows!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    In the UK since Thursday thrashing the credit cards to ****. Already done central London (M & M World freaked me out and the Trocadero is now absolute ******* tulip) and the best thing I have bought so far is a boxset of every episode of Dangermouse! Today will be something or other (Westfield I believe as my hotel is on top of it) although I might get to see some family if possible and tomorrow back to Germany via Sainsburys at Ashford.
    Not difficult in London. Lady Tester and I were there last week. Three tiny tapas and two glasses of wine each; 60 quid. Breakfast (2* eggs benedict, 2* coffee); 60 quid. Return fair airport to Paddington; 60 quid.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    In the UK since Thursday thrashing the credit cards to ****. Already done central London (M & M World freaked me out and the Trocadero is now absolute ******* tulip) and the best thing I have bought so far is a boxset of every episode of Dangermouse! Today will be something or other (Westfield I believe as my hotel is on top of it) although I might get to see some family if possible and tomorrow back to Germany via Sainsburys at Ashford.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Off to see sister tonight to hand over barf day pressie, tomorrow (sleep until about 11am) then revision after breakfast, party in the eve. Sunday some boring shopping & more revision.

Only 20 days until I can stop revising …….smeg only 20 days to finish revising

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Bottle of vodka and a Browning 9mm.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Football tonight, followed by beer and food bag.
    Tomorrow usual taxi service for kids to and from swimming.
    Saturday evening going to a local fireworks display with friends but will probably miss the best bit as I have to collect eldest from a course @ 8pm.
    Sunday will be rest and roast dinner.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If every day is a weekend then you don't have the weekend to look forwards to.....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Nothing to look forwards to then.....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Quiet one this weekend.

Not going out much. Dinner party for six tomorrow night. Truffle and pesto bruschetta for starters using truffles we brought back from Florence last month. Mains are chicken breasts stuffed with wild boar from Borough Market, our guests are bringing dessert followed by some Gorgonzola Piccante and Pecorino Sardo.

Hope to get in the pool at some stage this weekend.

You?
    Some cooking (lamb and chorizo stew, beetroot and horseradish soup, cauliflower cheese) some wine, some cocktails, possibly lunch at the local italian tomorrow and a trip to the market and the butchers. Lazing around on Sunday.

thanks for asking

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Time with the saucepans, and me trouble n strife. Not seen to much of them lately.

Every day is a weekend for me now
    Nothing to look forwards to then.....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    parkrun tomorrow.
    Cycling on Sunday - doing the "Christmas Pie" route which is neither Christmassy, or got any pies. It does however have nice little signs with pictures of Christmas puddings to offer false promise.

Started decorating the kitchen, so might do a bit more on that. And some OU stuff.

From wikipedia

"The curious name of Christmas Pie, owes its name to property owned by a prominent local family named Christmas. There are many references to this family in the Court records of the Manor of Cleygate which date back to 1513 in the reign of King Henry VIII. Christmases are often noted as serving as members of the Homage which was the Jury of the Court. The "Pie" part of the name comes from the Saxon term "pightel" or "pightle" meaning a small piece of arable land."

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Time with the saucepans, and me trouble n strife. Not seen to much of them lately.

Every day is a weekend for me now

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Staying in the little-populated far north of NL, largely to save the time and money that it takes to go home for the weekend. Thought I might go to Amsterdam and see some museums, but the Rijksmuseum is still shut for redevelopment, the Van Gogh Museum is also closed with a temporary display at the Hermitage (the Dutch one), and in the Hague most of the Vermeers from the Mauritshuis are off in Japan. Bit of an off season for visual art, then.
    What about the sex museum? Or have they got the decorators in too?

I'll be doing fireworks on Saturday - hopfully some stodgey food too. Pie and peas and parkin (probably).

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Staying in the little-populated far north of NL, largely to save the time and money that it takes to go home for the weekend. Thought I might go to Amsterdam and see some museums, but the Rijksmuseum is still shut for redevelopment, the Van Gogh Museum is also closed with a temporary display at the Hermitage (the Dutch one), and in the Hague most of the Vermeers from the Mauritshuis are off in Japan. Bit of an off season for visual art, then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X