• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Female Thermal Dissonance"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    She runs half marathons.

I think it is to do with her working in the public sector where every thermostat is on to full as nobody in the building is paying for it. That and the spoiled brat element which every woman has to some extent.

I also don't really bother if a room is cold, I can just think"oh its a bit colder than yesterday" and then don't think about it again. I'm not saying i would quite happily swim in the north sea but the difference between 16 and 21 degrees can just be ignored.
    When can we expect your 'How do I hide my war chest from my psycho ex-wife' thread?
    Last edited by speling bee; 26 October 2012, 09:10.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Women are generally colder than men due to our physiology.

What you need to do is get your wife to do more exercise especially out doors.

Next year convince her to run one of those womens' 5KM for charitee and then get her to run further after she has done that. (Just don't let her do a marathon because half of people lose the will to live after that.) Yes you and the kids will have to go out and support her if the races are on a weekend but your heating bills will be less next winter.

There are also other benefits for you.
    She runs half marathons.

I think it is to do with her working in the public sector where every thermostat is on to full as nobody in the building is paying for it. That and the spoiled brat element which every woman has to some extent.

I also don't really bother if a room is cold, I can just think"oh its a bit colder than yesterday" and then don't think about it again. I'm not saying i would quite happily swim in the north sea but the difference between 16 and 21 degrees can just be ignored.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    The body's temperature sensors are in and near the skin, therefore outside the body's insulating layer of fat, so the more fat, the colder one feels. Women feel colder because they have more fat. I'm sure if you explain that to her that she'll be quite understanding.
    Yes, its called the fat rat syndrome. Though I thought it was something to do with more body weight requiring more energy to heat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    The body's temperature sensors are in and near the skin, therefore outside the body's insulating layer of fat, so the more fat, the colder one feels. Women feel colder because they have more fat. I'm sure if you explain that to her that she'll be quite understanding.
    So all that fat on the breasts will make them cold and the nipples stick out? Have I been wasting my time with the ice cubes?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Shouldn't one call an ambulance before suggesting something like that?
    I didn't think minestrone's heart was that dodgy.

BTW those women's 5KM are a bloody joke half the field walks and gets in your way if you want to run round. Plus the distance is approximately 5KM

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Totally with you on this one. Much of our cool summer it was only about 19' and that was no problem but now winter is here the missus feels cold if it's less than 22. Wierd.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Shouldn't one call an ambulance before suggesting something like that?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    WTF goes on in their tiny female minds?
    Women are generally colder than men due to our physiology.

Next year convince her to run one of those womens' 5KM for charitee and then get her to run further after she has done that. (Just don't let her do a marathon because half of people lose the will to live after that.) Yes you and the kids will have to go out and support her if the races are on a weekend but your heating bills will be less next winter.

There are also other benefits for you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Strip naked and sit on the sofa scratching your undercrackers moaning about how hot it is, this works a treat but my wife's mum and dad were not to impressed though

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    That macintire bloke said he would break up the United Kingdom and rename Scotland 'jockystan'.

Just passing along.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    buy her some thermal undies.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Does it go up to 11?
    Yes, her volume does go up to 11.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    It is like Marakesh in here yet "it is not hot enough" I am told.

The temperature the thermostat is reading is higher than it has given me over the summer when nobody complained, yet she wants it higher.

Feck getting a nanny in, what we need is a couple of navies to shovel coal into a boiler before she shuts up.

WTF goes on in their tiny female minds?
    She does it to irritate you and then laughs behind your back at your inability to see what she's up to.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Female Thermal Dissonance

Does it go up to 11?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X