• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Female Thermal Dissonance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Shouldn't one call an ambulance before suggesting something like that?
    I didn't think minestrone's heart was that dodgy.

BTW those women's 5KM are a bloody joke half the field walks and gets in your way if you want to run round. Plus the distance is approximately 5KM
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The body's temperature sensors are in and near the skin, therefore outside the body's insulating layer of fat, so the more fat, the colder one feels. Women feel colder because they have more fat. I'm sure if you explain that to her that she'll be quite understanding.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
        The body's temperature sensors are in and near the skin, therefore outside the body's insulating layer of fat, so the more fat, the colder one feels. Women feel colder because they have more fat. I'm sure if you explain that to her that she'll be quite understanding.
        So all that fat on the breasts will make them cold and the nipples stick out? Have I been wasting my time with the ice cubes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Yes, its called the fat rat syndrome. Though I thought it was something to do with more body weight requiring more energy to heat.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Women are generally colder than men due to our physiology.

What you need to do is get your wife to do more exercise especially out doors.

Next year convince her to run one of those womens' 5KM for charitee and then get her to run further after she has done that. (Just don't let her do a marathon because half of people lose the will to live after that.) Yes you and the kids will have to go out and support her if the races are on a weekend but your heating bills will be less next winter.

There are also other benefits for you.
            She runs half marathons.

I think it is to do with her working in the public sector where every thermostat is on to full as nobody in the building is paying for it. That and the spoiled brat element which every woman has to some extent.

I also don't really bother if a room is cold, I can just think"oh its a bit colder than yesterday" and then don't think about it again. I'm not saying i would quite happily swim in the north sea but the difference between 16 and 21 degrees can just be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              She runs half marathons.

I think it is to do with her working in the public sector where every thermostat is on to full as nobody in the building is paying for it. That and the spoiled brat element which every woman has to some extent.

I also don't really bother if a room is cold, I can just think"oh its a bit colder than yesterday" and then don't think about it again. I'm not saying i would quite happily swim in the north sea but the difference between 16 and 21 degrees can just be ignored.
              When can we expect your 'How do I hide my war chest from my psycho ex-wife' thread?
              Last edited by speling bee; 26 October 2012, 09:10.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
              X