• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top 25 Passwords of 2012"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    half the birds had the male dreamboats name as the pw
    EternalOptimist ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by EMEAfixer View Post
    Many years ago, when I was managing a team of junior Devs, I once needed to phone one of the lads to ask for his password so that I could access some code he had forgotten to check in before leaving.

With great embarrassment he told me it was: efmbbbsbm

Emea Fixer My Big Bad Boss Sits Beside Me

For about a month afterwards, the poor chap blushed every time I spoke to him.
    heh heh

Leave a comment:

• EMEAfixer
    replied
    Many years ago, when I was managing a team of junior Devs, I once needed to phone one of the lads to ask for his password so that I could access some code he had forgotten to check in before leaving.

With great embarrassment he told me it was: efmbbbsbm

Emea Fixer My Big Bad Boss Sits Beside Me

For about a month afterwards, the poor chap blushed every time I spoke to him.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Could that be something to do with Charlie Chang (as in "Chan"ging ones password)?

I'd be the first to agree it sounds a bit tenuous; but who knows what goes through these people's heads?
    Was Charlie a dreamboat ?

In Barlloyds c2000
    in an access database, I was amused to find that half the birds had the male dreamboats name as the pw
    and half the blokes had the office vixen as theirs

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Last contract I was at, the permies took some solace in giving people stupid passwords.

I once got:
    comeandhaveagoifyouthinkyourehardenough

Leave a comment:

• Mrs sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    His wife?
    No - mines far worse than that

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What makes me laugh is the tens of thousands of sad fuqwits who buy lottery tickets with "predictable" sets such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Those numbers are no more or less likely to come up than any wrandom set; but the very fact that so many people choose the same sets means their individual winnings would be derisory even if they did win.

It's people like that who blame bankers for today's financial crisis, and unfortunately they actually have the vote.
    If I stand for election I will change my surname to Aardvark first.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Many years ago, I was converting a database to encrypted password. Before I did I ran a count and sorted by popularity.

IIRC, password was the most popular, but charlie featured highly which was a bit odd. Then various premiership football teams.
    Could that be something to do with Charlie Chang (as in "Chan"ging ones password)?

I'd be the first to agree it sounds a bit tenuous; but who knows what goes through these people's heads?

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Many years ago, I was converting a database to encrypted password. Before I did I ran a count and sorted by popularity.

IIRC, password was the most popular, but charlie featured highly which was a bit odd. Then various premiership football teams.
    if they were traders.. then not so odd.. just thinking about what to spend their money on...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I wonder if anyone uses sockmycuk

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I can only imagine Dragon and Monkey are something to do with Chinese years? Bit random otherwise surely.
    Oh, I don't know, looking over the desks here it could be used to describe some of the workers

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I can only imagine Dragon and Monkey are something to do with Chinese years? Bit random otherwise surely.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    What makes me laugh is the tens of thousands of sad fuqwits who buy lottery tickets with "predictable" sets such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Those numbers are no more or less likely to come up than any random set; but the very fact that so many people choose the same sets means their individual winnings would be derisory even if they did win.

It's people like that who blame bankers for today's financial crisis, and unfortunately they actually have the vote.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    His wife?
    mR5cREt1n

Leave a comment:

Working...
X