• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IPhone, iPad apps

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IPhone, iPad apps"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    I read somewhere you might suffer when you want to plug in your iDevice, which needs full authorisation-chain set up. That might be rubbish, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case considering they won't let you deploy your own stuff to your own iPad without a valid certificate.

Worth investigating specifically about iOS development on a Hackintosh in case it does throw up specific issues, would be my advice.

Another option is to just buy a Mac and then install Windows on it as dual boot, if you don't mind paying a bit more for your PC for the convenience of running both OS.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    IPhone, iPad apps

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You can get OSX running on a regular PC but from what I've heard, trying to use it for development is a pain. If you're going to invest hundreds of hours in something, just buy a Mac.
    Agree d000hg but if you follow the guides that list more or less the same components apple use its normally fine.

For me tho, get a proper Mac! Or IBM pSeries of course...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You can get OSX running on a regular PC but from what I've heard, trying to use it for development is a pain. If you're going to invest hundreds of hours in something, just buy a Mac.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    IPhone, iPad apps

And google 'Hackintosh' or 'osx86' for a cheapo alternative!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Xcode surely?
    See how tired I am?

Fook I will be glad when I am on the bench for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    IPhone, iPad apps

Xcode surely?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You can't but a mac mini is only £499 and expensible so its hardly that expensive.
    Worth it?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Was reading today that you need Xworks 4.5 and the iOS SDK. Furry muff. Can't download any of the above without an iMac though.

Anyone tried developing apps, without having to buy an iMac? How did you get round this?
    You can't but a mac mini is only £499 and expensible so its hardly that expensive.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic IPhone, iPad apps

IPhone, iPad apps

Was reading today that you need Xworks 4.5 and the iOS SDK. Furry muff. Can't download any of the above without an iMac though.

Anyone tried developing apps, without having to buy an iMac? How did you get round this?

Working...
X