• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wierd household electrical fault"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    More believable explanations:

a) Magic heater
    b) Have developed superpower in form of glowing arse.
    Have you noticed new scorch marks? Are you eating too many beans?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Note if you get MF doing push ups in your office you could melt glass
    Or cause an earthquake?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmm. Temp rose steadily to 19.3 with no heating on. Then went out for bit over an hour. On return it was back down to 15.8 so not wall or tank. Now up again to 17.8 and only thing different is me and my PC. I have clearly acquired superpowers and transformed into Room Warming Man!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    15.1' when I closed the door. Rose to 17.5 in 59 minutes although no heating on.

Office faces east. 11am and just a bit of very hazy sunshine left. Will be doing some measurements to check other possible scientific explanations:

a) Insulation suddenly not working on hot water tank although quite new and no obvious problems.
    b) Heat in wall due to open fire downstairs.
    c) Thermometer is lying.

Although why these did not keep the room warm until I brought my magic heater and I was always switching the fan heater on I am not sure.

a) Magic heater

PS 17.8 now.
    PPS Can one buy cellar girls online?
    You know you are actually a heater? If you jump up & down it gets warmer.

Handbook of Air Conditioning, Heating, and Ventilating - Google Books

Note if you get MF doing push ups in your office you could melt glass.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    15.1' when I closed the door. Rose to 17.5 in 59 minutes although no heating on.

Office faces east. 11am and just a bit of very hazy sunshine left. Will be doing some measurements to check other possible scientific explanations:

a) Insulation suddenly not working on hot water tank although quite new and no obvious problems.
    b) Heat in wall due to open fire downstairs.
    c) Thermometer is lying.

Although why these did not keep the room warm until I brought my magic heater and I was always switching the fan heater on I am not sure.

a) Magic heater

PS 17.8 now.
    PPS Can one buy cellar girls online?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's underground. Think Fritzel.
    The scary thing is its not that difficult to picture it.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    your office faces West? gets sun in the afternoon like mine?
    It's underground. Think Fritzel.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Since this thread has been resurrected got an even weirder thing that violates laws of the universe.

Was using a fan heater in my little office, needed it all day or the temperature soon dropped to 14 or so. Got one of those electric oil convectors that gives a nice steady 19'. The oddity is that, if I use it to about 1PM and then turn it off (it stays cold to the touch) the office stays at 19 the rest of the day. Free magic heating!

PS or gets hotter. Turned it off an hour ago, was 19.4C It's now 19.7C Weird.
    PPS Been checking. Now about 5 hours since I turned it off, temperature dropped to 19.1 at one point, now back up to 19.4. Heater has stayed stone cold.

your office faces West? gets sun in the afternoon like mine?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Since this thread has been resurrected got an even weirder thing that violates laws of the universe.

Was using a fan heater in my little office, needed it all day or the temperature soon dropped to 14 or so. Got one of those electric oil convectors that gives a nice steady 19'. The oddity is that, if I use it to about 1PM and then turn it off (it stays cold to the touch) the office stays at 19 the rest of the day. Free magic heating!

PS or gets hotter. Turned it off an hour ago, was 19.4C It's now 19.7C Weird.
    PPS Been checking. Now about 5 hours since I turned it off, temperature dropped to 19.1 at one point, now back up to 19.4. Heater has stayed stone cold.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 1 January 2014, 20:19.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I do like this thread title - your household does sound a little odd.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Er, bayonet.
    Isolate from mains. Tease contacts up 1/4''

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sommat odd going on.

Nearly went apetulip by the end of it.