• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Tea (it's a HOT one.)"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Beef curry always sounds slightly wrong to me
    In malaysia they have it for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Tasted OK to me.

And I'm still alive and kic.. <thud>

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yep - clientCo laid some on for Diwali. It was enjoyed by all the Europeans.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Beef curry and white rice.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Admin has kids??!
    You didn't know he's been married to CJ for 26 years?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Kids are in bed, so looking forward to food now. My Mum used to do a lush beef curry, am now drooling

Got some pork chops in the fridge so going to cook them up in sec, not sure what with yet...
    Admin has kids??!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Just to update my own thread of yesterday with today's choice: Spicy King Prawns. And chips.

A kind of "East meets West" dish.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Quick brown in a pan and transfer to the oven covered in foil, some rosemary or herb of choice on top.
    Ta. Worked a treat. No herbs, but did rub in some salt and paprika.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So how do you cook pork chops so they don't come out dry and leathery?
    Put in the fridge the night before with a slathering of Colmans English, leave overnight, then pour in some Thatchers gold for the day, then in foil, with the marinade, seal and in the oven for 15 mins

Lovely

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Prawn crackers,
    Miso
    Teriyaki salmon on udon with crispy broccoli

With green tea and saki.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I went out for a dinner last night after work with a mate. Had three Caipirinhas in the bar next door followed by two bottles of Gewurtztraminer with a slap up Thai meal (Various starters, soups, spicy main courses with a bowl of chillis in soy sauce on the side). Finished it all off with an Irish coffee.

Felt it this morning on the cycle to work, I'm getting too old for midweek drinking.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Fish and chips for tea yesterday ( and copious amounts of wine)

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So how do you cook pork chops so they don't come out dry and leathery?
    Quick brown in a pan and transfer to the oven covered in foil, some rosemary or herb of choice on top.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Kids are in bed, so looking forward to food now. My Mum used to do a lush beef curry, am now drooling

Got some pork chops in the fridge so going to cook them up in sec, not sure what with yet...
    You are either Nessa or Stacey and I claim my free log flume pass on the Island.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Stayed with some friends over the past few days and we usually order a curry delivery from the rather expensive village Indian.

In the meantime they had discovered a dish not on the menu at the other village takeaway, Methi Gosht - lamb and fenugreek which is common enough. It's not on their menu but they recommended this and now it's the first choice especially with a daal on the side with rice and breads.

It's perhaps the best curry I've ever tasted so much so I ordered half a dozen to freeze and angling for the recipe. If I get it I'll post here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X