• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anna Larke

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anna Larke"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Don't care if he's guilty or not.

Hang him anyway as an example to others.
    yes. you are right. its only fair.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Till she came to the time she met you ....
    bada-dish! I fank you.
    Lucky you were there to sort her out for me then.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've got the rope ready.

Obnoxious weasle that he is.
    Even if found guilty (which I would be amazed at) I have so far seen nothing that is that wrong. Its not the way I would behave - for a starters Mrs BP would have my nuts off.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Though I have a good mind to make Mrs BP write up her every sexual encounter - it would take her long enough.....
    Till she came to the time she met you ....
    bada-dish! I fank you.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Good point. It may just have been a turbulent relationship which turned sour so she decided to do a character assasination on him. Buy I dunno something smells bad in all of this.
    It does smell, but from both sides. Like what has been said: fan turned girlfriend, recovering alcoholic and turbulent relationship. Him, well, he appears to have a narcissistic personality disorder and people who act as it is claimed he is acting, are incredible insecure. These people can be outwardly confident, but have no confidence whatsoever; soudns strange but it's true. IIRC, there was a big brouhaha over him slipping the tongue (and possibly more) into a junior colleague from one of his shows, which led to the downfall of his marriage.

Strange, very strange.

As for abuse, I played cricket with a chap who would regularly come in with bruises and on one occasion a large burn on his chest (kettle of water over him), where his girlfriend, an outwardly lovely woman, would attack him with hammers etc. He used to blame himself for making the girl act all crazy (admittedly, he was a ladies man, and used to stay out all night). That relationship lasted a long time iirc.

Somethings, especially relationships, can be complicated...

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Hold yer Horses. He hasn't be convicted of anything and:

1/ She was a fan who became his Girlfriend

2/ She's an alcoholic, not the easiest people to be in relationships with, will be used to telling fibs.

Don't hang the chap just yet.
    Good point. It may just have been a turbulent relationship which turned sour so she decided to do a character assasination on him. Buy I dunno something smells bad in all of this.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Hold yer Horses. He hasn't be convicted of anything and:

1/ She was a fan who became his Girlfriend

2/ She's an alcoholic, not the easiest people to be in relationships with, will be used to telling fibs.

Don't hang the chap just yet.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Says the guy who makes a living out of asking people to write up their 'life history'
    So are you a tyrannical control freak?

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    What I don't like about this story (apart from the alleged abuse of a woman who should be in a normal relationship) is that he comes over as a friendly cheeky guy on that 'Friday Night Project' on Channel 4 and those 'Bring Back <insert old celeb or nostalgia>' TV programmes....... but what is coming to light is that he is a complete and utter damaged monster that causes hurt and abuse to other human beings.

Some people are just scum. I had a colleague like him who had two personalities, one evil and one normal and jovial (especially when his peers or bosses were around).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Possibly I'm missing something but the only actual evidence I saw was a recording of an argument (made by her) where he described the recovering alcoholic who shacked up with a married man as having loose sexual morals whilst he was drunk.

It appears he is thoroughly unpleasant but I suspect so is she.

I can't imagine the following and the prospect of a nice payout if she proves how unpleasant he is had anything to do with it?

They met while Collins was still married. Ms Larke helped him move from Bristol to Kew, south west London, in January 2011, and she moved in with him.
    Collins was "insistent" that his girlfriend, a recovering alcoholic
    Mr Shaw said Ms Larke, a video games public relations worker, tried to help the defendant get anger management therapy and sent him a link to a domestic violence course.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I wonder how many saddos on this site behave like this guy does?
    Says the guy who makes a living out of asking people to write up their 'life history'

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    some women would pick it and walk away immediately. Others take time to realise what is going on and others are simply bullied into submission.
    Not everyone is as tough as Mrs BP and men who behave like this should be castrated
    WDAS

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    On the other hand....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Unfortunately its not always so easy as to be able to walk away

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just repeating what Mrs BP said.
    some women would pick it and walk away immediately. Others take time to realise what is going on and others are simply bullied into submission.
    Not everyone is as tough as Mrs BP and men who behave like this should be castrated (In fact I could sub out Mrs BP to do the needfull )

walk away from it

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That is a cop out
    Just repeating what Mrs BP said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X