• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sunday Prayer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sunday Prayer"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Memo to self: If I am ever in hospital, and may have morphine, leave mobile at home

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    A friend of mine had an operation recently and when he came to, still in morphine, the only thing he could say was "Would you mind holding my pussy" in the voice of Mrs Slocombe
    IIRC, I sent my boss a long and rambling e-mail via my phone about the profound changes I was perceiving. Fortunately, she knew I'd been laid up, and saw the funny side. Must have taken me fecking ages to type on a tiny mobile phone keypad.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Reminds me of the time they gave me morphine in hospital. Felt fantastic at the time, but I was cringing afterwards at some of the dis-inhibited, off-the-wall conversations it prompted me to have with my friends.

That's twice you've made me think of hospitals today, Oscar. That's generally not good.
    A friend of mine had an operation recently and when he came to, still in morphine, the only thing he could say was "Would you mind holding my pussy" in the voice of Mrs Slocombe

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Spirituality exists wherever we struggle with the issues of how our lives fit into the greater scheme of things. This is true when our questions never give way to specific answers or give rise to specific practices such as prayer or meditation. We encounter spiritual issues every time we wonder where the universe comes from, why we are here, or what happens when we die. We also become spiritual when we become moved by values such as beauty, love, or creativity that seem to reveal a meaning or power beyond our visible world. An idea or practice is 'spiritual' when it reveals our personal desire to establish a felt-relationship with the deepest meanings or powers governing life.

Reminds me of the time they gave me morphine in hospital. Felt fantastic at the time, but I was cringing afterwards at some of the disinhibited, off-the-wall conversations it prompted me to have with my friends.

That's twice you've made me think of hospitals today, Oscar. That's generally not good.
    Last edited by Gentile; 23 September 2012, 19:20.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    why we are here
    In your case, is the answer "for easy access to the A1"?

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Spirituality exists wherever we struggle with the issues of how our lives fit into the greater scheme of things. This is true when our questions never give way to specific answers or give rise to specific practices such as prayer or meditation. We encounter spiritual issues every time we wonder where the universe comes from, why we are here, or what happens when we die. We also become spiritual when we become moved by values such as beauty, love, or creativity that seem to reveal a meaning or power beyond our visible world. An idea or practice is 'spiritual' when it reveals our personal desire to establish a felt-relationship with the deepest meanings or powers governing life.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    O Amida,
    Oneness of Life and Light,
    Entrusting in your Great Compassion,

May you shed the foolishness in myself,
    Clearly that bit didn't work...

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    This thread reminds me of the time I went to visit my Mother-in-Law in hospital, and some random woman in the next bed mistook my gentle good nature and saying hello for a willingness to listen to her God-bothering pish. A mistake she didn't make twice.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    O Lord, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget the needy and those in want.

Sas - is this your doing?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Whatever..

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

I will not be thinking of others while I eat, neither will I be thinking of any other superstitious non-entity.

You carry on though if it makes you feel better.
    May God grant you serenity.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Quite possibly...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Is it chico time again?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And there's me thinking it was just d000hg who's holier than thou.

I will not be thinking of others while I eat, neither will I be thinking of any other superstitious non-entity.

You carry on though if it makes you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    O Lord, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget the needy and those in want.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X