• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: WWSYD?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WWSYD?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Almost. I was going for "like a little girl". I was surprised to find it was "Sooty/Suity" that some people had trouble with; I thought that was a direct homophone in both accents, and if anything it'd be "wood/would" that non-Scots would have more trouble with.
    Although wood is pronounced differently north/south of the border, I think both sides pronounce wood the same way as would.

Suit and soot however are different. North of the border, both sound much the same. In the south of England, soot is pronounced with a similar vowel sound to how should is pronounced, whereas suit is more similar to the Scots pronounciation.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WWSYD?

You really need to check out this page for further examples, both male and female

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Fred View Post
    Of course it isn't. How do you think AssGuru got his name? Where is the ball of scrumminess these days. He is still practicing?
    Hello mf I claim my £10 pounds

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    WWSYD?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Of course it isn't. How do you think AssGuru got his name? Where is the ball of scrumminess these days. He is still practicing?
    Still in business, it seems.

Urban Dictionary: assguru

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Its not a CUK record though

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    From sooty to anal fisting in 13 posts. That's pretty impressive.
    Its not a CUK record though

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Makes no sense that way? What the hell is a suity?

I had my phone upside down and assumed it meant 'Young girls like hard hands up their backsides'. You dirty minx!
    OK, this is proving to be an expectedly revealing and disturbing insight into the CUK psyche.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

I had my phone upside down and assumed it meant 'Young girls like hard hands up their backsides'. You dirty minx!
    From sooty to anal fisting in 13 posts. That's pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nope, even trying with a Scottish accent: Sooty plank baby like princess!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I took it as 'girl' rather than fairy.

No idea about sooty though - what could it possibly mean?
    Almost. I was going for "like a little girl". I was surprised to find it was "Sooty/Suity" that some people had trouble with; I thought that was a direct homophone in both accents, and if anything it'd be "wood/would" that non-Scots would have more trouble with.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yeah "crying like a fairy" is a new one on me

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    wood cry

a fairy

More than that I dare not go
    I took it as 'girl' rather than fairy.

No idea about sooty though - what could it possibly mean?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    wood cry

a fairy

Cheers, now I get it

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Nope, even trying with a Scottish accent: Sooty plank baby like princess!
    wood cry

a fairy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X