• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Being nasty to newbies in the professional forums"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    That tea tree oil smarts on the sack though.

Apparently....
    Real contractors don't have sacks. We have contract terminations.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    As long as it's not NLUK carrying it out then I am all for it.
    That tea tree oil smarts on the sack though.

Apparently....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Tell people to use Google, etc, but there's no reason not to be polite about it. Just use a form reply "this gets asked all the time, please search [for XXX] and then come back if you can't find an answer".
    Maybe some people round here should read the intro to "Javascript for Assholes", as found by admin:

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I also liked the look of this one:
    https://leanpub.com/javascriptforassholes
    Originally posted by Javascript for Assholes
    I see it all the time, and it seems to be getting worse. Why should ‘newbies’ feel as if they have to apologize for seeking knowledge? Why should they be told “Well, a quick Google search would tell you...” when you could just help them? I find it ironic and utterly ******* shameful that the same people who tout the virtues of Pair Programming are so quick to deny someone the type of knowledge sharing that comes with human interaction.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It's the snowball effect.

If I am a newbie googling a common contracting question, chances are I'll land on this forum. Of the 73 results, one is 28 pages long with people arguing over interpretation, one has wandered completely off topic and fails to address the question, and the other 71 have some unfriendly fecker telling people to sod off and use the search.

So I start a new thread in the vain hope of a clear, concise and friendly answer to my common contracting dilemma.

So the next googling newbie gets 74 results.
    WSS - Nail on head.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They want to be a sociopath in real life - but don't have the anonymity.

Meet most cukkers face to face and they are very nice people.

Except spod - the quality of his biccies leaves alot to be desired.....
    W'The Tard'S

While you are falsely smiling at your work colleagues & laughing at your hiring managers jokes, you are really a seething ball of frustration who would like to carry out all of the scenes in 'Whack Your Boss' but have to alleviate it by using your anonymous login on CUK to come along & abuse other seething balls of frustration to tip them off their game & into going postal in the office, so you can read about in tomorrows Daily Mail.

They're talking about you again Brillo.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I try extra hard to be nice on here. I'm horrid in real life.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    Good thread, actually. I always wonder what people get out of being sociopaths online.
    They want to be a sociopath in real life - but don't have the anonymity.

Meet most cukkers face to face and they are very nice people.

Except spod - the quality of his biccies leaves alot to be desired.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Cos it's fun - now run along and go play in traffic.
    My god, you're so cruel. There must be something wrong with you in real life.

MF in 'I read it on the t'internet, made an assumption and will now extrapolate' Mode

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    Good thread, actually. I always wonder what people get out of being sociopaths online.
    Cos it's fun - now run along and go play in traffic.

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    MF has pulled

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    An invitation for tea & gin at The Ritz, a ticket for the the Last night of the Proms and a sound gentlemans massage with lavender and tea tree oil soap at the Moroccan baths in Whitechapel?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

A complement from NLUK to NWP2C?! What next?
    An invitation for tea & gin at The Ritz, a ticket for the the Last night of the Proms and a sound gentlemans massage with lavender and tea tree oil soap at the Moroccan baths in Whitechapel?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think that is the best post you have put up so far and is very true indeed. That is probably exactly the issue and on reflection I am getting tetchier and tetchier. A point I will genuinely take on board.

A complement from NLUK to NWP2C?! What next?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That's right. It's hex for ******* ****.
    Nah, that would be: 2a2a2a2a2a2a2a202a2a2a2a

Leave a comment:

Working...
X