• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Soap

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Soap"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Official handwashing instructions advise wet, soap, rub, rinse, dry.

What is it with trains that have no water? How hard is it to keep a tank topped up?

Why do they have on black hand and one white hand

Joys of kids means I always have easy access to antibacterial hand wipes, even when I don't have the kids with me

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's all this namby-pamby nonsense with bottles of hand-sanitiser everywhere, and people carrying little bottles around with them to use after touching things/people, which I find crazy.
    It's for situations when you can't wash your hands especially if you want to eat something with your hands.

Mind you it's fun watching some OCD people.

I was in the supermarket and a little girl of about 5 touched a packet of sealed chicken. Her mum started freaking, told the little girl to never touch sealed and wrapped meat because it was "dirty" then got out her bottle of hand gel.

I nearly burst out laughing.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    When in the pub situation , or where liquid soap applies...

Rub the soap good n proper all over your hands before you run the water over them.

Don't wet your hands first and then grab some soap , or you are losing 90% of the benefit of the soap.
    If you think that's effective, try waiting until after you've had your poo.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's all this namby-pamby nonsense with bottles of hand-sanitiser everywhere, and people carrying little bottles around with them to use after touching things/people, which I find crazy.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Haven't been to work for months

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Since the only place it's been is in your hand, isn't this a circular argument?
    Depends where his hands have been I suppose.

Who'd have thought it........sanitary advice from an Australian? That is like getting advice on women from AtW.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    nope but i know where "its" been.
    Since the only place it's been is in your hand, isn't this a circular argument?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    nope but i know where "its" been. As i notice lots of other guys dont wash their hands and i dont know where theres has been, i wish they'd design toilet doors to push on the way out. At least ive found a use for my little finger.
    A real man takes no notice of piss & tulip on the door on the way out. Bloody metrosexuals.

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why are you washing your hands when you go to the bathroom? Do you piss on your hands when you go?????
    nope but i know where "its" been. As i notice lots of other guys dont wash their hands and i dont know where theres has been, i wish they'd design toilet doors to push on the way out. At least ive found a use for my little finger.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    The barrel's being scraped with this thread, innit.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Those UV hand drier devices in some public loos are good, two goes at killing germs. One place has them installed overhead which seems to kill all the smells even from trap 2.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It always amazes me the way Ozzies, and other people with tiny pea-brains get the wrong end of the stick.
    Try a little logic next time my Antipodean friend.

What is the purpose of washing your hands ?
    To kill germs ? exactly !!

but what if there are no germs on your hands to kill ?
    you have wasted time, water, soap and effort all for no purpose.

Thats why I carry an electron microscope strapped to my back when I venture into the pub. A quick cat scan and I know immediately, by reading the positronic output on the monitor, whether it is worth using all those natural resources, or whether I can leave the bog safely.

mind you, it is heavy. which is why I dont go to the pub much any more

hic

Modern parents take a packet of wet wipes. My inlaws still take an electron microscope but they have a devil of a time trying to find a free plug socket.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It always amazes me the way Ozzies, and other people with tiny pea-brains get the wrong end of the stick.
    Try a little logic next time my Antipodean friend.

What is the purpose of washing your hands ?
    To kill germs ? exactly !!

but what if there are no germs on your hands to kill ?

you have wasted time, water, soap and effort all for no purpose.

Thats why I carry an electron microscope strapped to my back when I venture into the pub. A quick cat scan and I know immediately, by reading the positronic output on the monitor, whether it is worth using all those natural resources, or whether I can leave the bog safely.

mind you, it is heavy. which is why I dont go to the pub much any more

hic

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    When in the pub situation , or where liquid soap applies...

Rub the soap good n proper all over your hands before you run the water over them.

Don't wet your hands first and then grab some soap , or you are losing 90% of the benefit of the soap.
    Why are you washing your hands when you go to the bathroom? Do you piss on your hands when you go?????

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Official handwashing instructions advise wet, soap, rub, rinse, dry.

What is it with trains that have no water? How hard is it to keep a tank topped up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X