• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bernanke bounce

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bernanke bounce"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Bugger, holding about 14% in cash hoping for a big kick down.....
    Still, 86% has kicked up nicely, just hoping I can hold my nerve and wait for a dip as I don't intend to buy into this sort of euphoria.
    absolutely .....though this could be a big m*ther f***er rally ....,well according to a trader on CNN who said the market was waiting to explode once the euro was sorted out.

This might give an opportunity:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...est-rally.html

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Bugger, holding about 14% in cash hoping for a big kick down.....
    Still, 86% has kicked up nicely, just hoping I can hold my nerve and wait for a dip as I don't intend to buy into this sort of euphoria.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I'm an ekonomic genius me. Platinum all the way.

I'm only £4k down now.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    whoa....

K1Q:Frankfurt Stock Quote - Kasen International Holdings Ltd - Bloomberg

16%...

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Well I don't see much of the $40bn a month going to people who could spend it. Mostly it will be used to make the rich richer - they will buy shares, commodities. What little trickle down there is will probably be spent on Chinese goods anyway.

Too much debt and the solution is more debt! Too much money concentrated in the hands of a few and the solution is to increase the disparity.

Enjoy the notional gains while they last. As hyper inflation is going to wipe them out.
    Agreed on inflation, I bought a packet of Beef Monster Munch from Tesco earlier in week and they were 73p, 73p for a packet of Monster Munch and there werent even the 'big eat' size or whatever they call it, price of stamps to, its getting crazy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Well I don't see much of the $40bn a month going to people who could spend it. Mostly it will be used to make the rich richer - they will buy shares, commodities. What little trickle down there is will probably be spent on Chinese goods anyway.

Too much debt and the solution is more debt! Too much money concentrated in the hands of a few and the solution is to increase the disparity.

Enjoy the notional gains while they last. As hyper inflation is going to wipe them out.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I was very tempted to buy banking shares when the LIBOR story broke, but was worried more scandals were brewing.
    Yeah must admit this was one of my more risky punts, initially after I had bought them at £1.55 I thought I had made a big mistake but worked out well in end.

I've had a good year share wise I bought Greggs when they bombed with the threat of VAT and sold when the VAT threat lifted. Dont know how long my luck will last for though

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was very tempted to buy banking shares when the LIBOR story broke, but was worried more scandals were brewing.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Barclays is my friend it has served me well twice now. I bought at £1.55 few weeks - month back, sold this this moring at £2.27
    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 14 September 2012, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    This is just the sugar rush...

Personally I like it when my stocks start to show red.... SALE ON...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There is only one financial genius and that's............sasguru.

After a brief squall the sun is shining again. Do I need a jumper to sit in the garden or not?
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...absolutely

portfolio looking like it's going beyond the last high.

Stockbrokers have been saying that the market has been waiting to explode but was held back by the Euro; if things keep quiet on the Euro front we could be in for the....

mother of all bull markets

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    RBS is still more of an investment bank thank Lloyds which is still primarily retail, I know the big profits are not in retail but long term strength is what I am after, also there is still an issues where RBS could be nationalised
    I know where you are coming from, but I think it unlikely that RBS be nationalised. I was moving towards filling a shares ISA with some of each, as a punt, but then III decided to start charging to hold the account and I thought with my luck the shares will end up about the same with only III making any money of out it. So I closed the account.

I'd also consider C, BAC to avoid putting all eggs in one basket / country.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    So do I. Have you seen what RBS has been doing?
    RBS is still more of an investment bank thank Lloyds which is still primarily retail, I know the big profits are not in retail but long term strength is what I am after, also there is still an issues where RBS could be nationalised

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I only had two shares. Yellow Pages (now Hibu) - got annihilated on that. And Aquarius Platinum (one of those who are shooting miners). They've been great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X