• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sponsors who won't pay up"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I think shirking £30 for charity is exactly the sort of fundamentally-harmless-but-embarrassing misdemeanour that allows you to jokingly rib him about it in front of his staff, but will make him genuinely red-faced and send him running for his wallet.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I have considered forwarding to whole email chain to everyone in London! Or asking his boss.
    Asking him in front of a group of people is the best.

If you have a meeting ask him by name for the money and also thank specific people who have paid up for doing so.

BTW in future:
    1. Do justgiving as Cojak says
    2. Get people to give you the money up up front - this sounds odd but then the pressure is put on you to complete the damn thing or have the embarrassment of paying them back.
    3. Get people to give you the money at the end when you show them your medal (or whatever) but ask them for a very small amount as most people will give you more.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    I assumed the Gay Sauna always had the heating on? Says BP pretending to have no knowledge of these things....
    You are obsessed with homosexuality.

Seriously, when do people turn on their central heating?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I wouldn't let him off the hook. Forget emails, approach him directly. Stand there waiting for him to get his wallet out, explaining that as he's hard to track down, you prefer to get the cash right there and then.
    I would get some BS. Cojak is right. He is not going to pay.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Ask him in the canteen in front of lots of people
    I have considered forwarding to whole email chain to everyone in London! Or asking his boss.

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Is it too early to put the central heating on yet?
    I assumed the Gay Sauna always had the heating on? Says BP pretending to have no knowledge of these things....

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Is it too early to put the central heating on yet?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ask him in the canteen in front of lots of people

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I wouldn't let him off the hook. Forget emails, approach him directly. Stand there waiting for him to get his wallet out, explaining that as he's hard to track down, you prefer to get the cash right there and then.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Zardoz arranged to meet me there.....
    The Queen of the Sloths himself?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Then what, may we ask, were you up with the Gay Fauna?
    Zardoz arranged to meet me there.....

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    That was photoshop. Honest.
    Then what, may we ask, were you up with the Gay Fauna?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Was that the one taken outside the Gay Sauna?
    That was photoshop. Honest.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I will make up the missing £30 if you promise never to post that picture!
    Will you give another £30 if I post the picture of Dallas finishing?

Don't worry Dallas - its safe between you, me and all your facebook friends.....

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    No, that was the "other" triathalon picture.
    Ah, the three ages of man.

Tri-weekly
    Try weekly
    Try weakly

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    BP was infront of you??! Not something I would have admitted to
    If I was a girl I would prefer to have him safely where I can see him rather than coming up from the behind

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Yep - he was infront of me

pay up people
    BP was infront of you??! Not something I would have admitted to

Leave a comment:

Working...
X