• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Adblock + ignore. It's just beautiful."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    If there was still a suggestions/bug section I was going to ask they modify the software so quote elements somehow incorporate the quoted user-id in the class/id.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sorry about that Escape, I did it on the page and then just went to find what the filter was.

Poor NLUK
    Dont be sorry, its a great tip! For which I thank you! I think this should be a sticky, or maybe it should be added to NLUK's sig?

The only slight problem is people who insist on quoting someone when they reply.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sorry about that Escape, I did it on the page and then just went to find what the filter was.

Poor NLUK

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I normally can't be bothered but when you get a rash of the same person posting in every thread it's a waste of my pixels.

The only worry is one could forget they'd ignored someone. OH well, I'll take that chance.
    Getting yourself tied and tangled in an argument (ironically something I could see you like in real life), then ignoring someone because of it, and you call other people childish, and insecure.

Wow, you've just managed to lower my opinion of you, and that was already as low as a snakes nads.

And absolutely LOVING the reference to OH well, in bold in case someone missed it. God, I was completely right about you, absolutely spot on the money

Way, way, way too funny...

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Ignoring a user means you keep getting the "this post isn't shown" banner which makes you itch to see what is hidden.

But if you use adblock or some other tool to block class="postbitignored postbitim" the offending post just disappears entirely.

In adblock (on chrome at least) the filter you can add is:
    forums.contractoruk.com##[class="postbitignored postbitim"]

Hope this is useful to someone, if there's a bug I missed hopefully NickFitz might point it out
    I like it. Your instructions were a bit poor, Ad Block Options, Customise, Manually Edit your filters, Paste in there, Save. No more NLUK!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you spend your time reading an argument between two other people, more fool you. All the discussions between Scottish people about Scottish things are unutterably dull to me, so I try to avoid them.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    What I am saying is that your 50% is just total pish chat.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    try this
    Nah.

Try this

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Doogie, I am being serious when I say that it is usually you cluttering up threads with streams of pish. When it comes to insults what you lack in quality you make up for in quantity.
    try this

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Doogie, I am being serious when I say that it is usually you cluttering up threads with streams of pish. When it comes to insults what you lack in quality you make up for in quantity.

It's like watching a goldfish trying to bite through the bowl.
    I rarely use insults. You're mistaking arguments and discussion for insults probably because that's how you conduct yourself.

See - if you viewed that as an insult you prove my point.

As for one person cluttering up threads, it's simple logic that when two people have a spat approx 50% come from each, unless you're one of those two people in which 100% come from the other.

If you don't like what I post, see above. I shared this specifically for that kind of purpose, but you'd rather start a fight about it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

It's like watching a goldfish licking the glass.
    Ftfy

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I normally can't be bothered but when you get a rash of the same person posting in every thread it's a waste of my pixels.

The only worry is one could forget they'd ignored someone. OH well, I'll take that chance.

It's like watching a goldfish trying to bite through the bowl.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    You don't block stuff, or you use some set of scripts of your own division?

I meant you might be able to warn me if blocking that class-id would accidentally hide stuff I didn't want, though.
    Off the top of my head it looks OK; I'll let you know if I come across anything to the contrary

I don't bother blocking ads because my consciousness automatically rejects them anyway. I do use ClickToFlash though, because Flash is a resource hog with a habit of crashing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    That could be a rather sweet chrome extension

Not that I bother setting posters to ignore, I like to chuckle at the idiots occasionally and have learnt not to get riled up by their ignorance

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You don't block stuff, or you use some set of scripts of your own division?

I meant you might be able to warn me if blocking that class-id would accidentally hide stuff I didn't want, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X