• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "After less than a week back at school......"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    ask your missus
    She doesn't like to talk with her mouth full.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Can't really blame the teachers from 2 generations ago for today's mess.
    I guess we can't blame labour for the tulip we're in either...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why not? They taught today's teachers everything they know.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If the teachers had actually concentrated on teaching SimonMac proper Maths this situation would not have happened. Instead the teachers are always asking for more pay, more pension, more holidays, more free school trips and less working hours. Sack the lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    When I did maths 100 - 27 was 73

Beaten to it

If the teachers had actually concentrated on teaching SimonMac proper Maths this situation would not have happened. Instead the teachers are always asking for more pay, more pension, more holidays, more free school trips and less working hours. Sack the lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    The wife quit contracting 3 years ago, to be a full time mum, now pondering a return to work, by becoming a primary school teacher. I can't wait. For all the hard work, I think the balance works in the teachers favour, and always have. However, a great teacher will engage the kids in after school activities too, drama, music, etc, etc, and then the hours build up.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    My wife is a teacher and has fought against the strikes etc and considers them to be absurd and rather childish.

The holidays are not as long what they sound and her working day is routinely longer than mine but she considers herself well paid if over worked.
    My better half's a teacher and she works stupid hours. She's typically still lesson planning upto 8 / 9 at night. Makes me feel a bit bad earning 3 times her salary whilst pissing about on the Xbox at half 5 of a night. She deserves her long holidays.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    My wife is a teacher and has fought against the strikes etc and considers them to be absurd and rather childish.

The holidays are not as long what they sound and her working day is routinely longer than mine but she considers herself well paid if over worked.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    The turnout was 27%.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    BBC News - Teachers to strike over pay and conditions

A I wonder why the other 83% didn't vote, apathy?
    Were they on strike during your education?

ARGH beaten to it...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    coz they can't do this :

MPs vote yes to an extra £31,000 | Mail Online

But they do do this?

BBC News - David Cameron leaves behind child at pub

Leave a comment:

• Basil Fawlty
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    ask your missus
    Unless he's married to Alannis Morrisette of course

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    A I wonder why the other 83% didn't vote, apathy?
    Well 10% didn't vote because you can't do sums. I'm not sure about the rest.

Edit: beaten to it, but hey...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Erm I would agree but I don't know what ironic means
    ask your missus

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    He was making an ironic post about the quality of education.
    Erm I would agree but I don't know what ironic means

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Like any good Premiership footballer I always give 110%

Leave a comment:

Working...
X