• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC iPlayer launches mobile-download service"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You still live with mummy?
    Nope, in digs at the moment with 6 other "bedsits" in the block

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Surely that would cover new film releases which you have to admit not all of them are trash
    I seldom see a film until a few years after it was made, and the last thing I saw in a cinema was Броненосец «Потёмкин» (Battleship Potemkin) sometime towards the end of last century, so I'm probably not qualified to answer that question

Here it is, in case you haven't seen it:

or you can download it from the Internet Archive: Bronenosets Potyomkin (Battleship Potemkin) : Jacob Bliokh : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The "feds" can only identify the name of the person on the Broadband bill, which in this case is not me
    You still live with mummy?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Surely that would cover new film releases which you have to admit not all of them are trash

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Note that the researchers established that the trackers only monitor the top 100 most popular torrents. So if you're the kind of sheep who watches trash just so you have something to talk to the other sheep about you'll be monitored, whereas if you show some degree of taste and discernment you won't.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    WHS! Torrents far too easy to identify you - and for that reason, I'm out.
    The "feds" can only identify the name of the person on the Broadband bill, which in this case is not me

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    WHS! Torrents far too easy to identify you - and for that reason, I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I'm on Virgin Media so they already do, I just set the downloads to run "out of hours" when they care less
    BT have started this too. However, when I torrent through my Raspberry Pi using Azureus I don't have the problems that I do on my PC...

Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Did any of you see this as well? BBC News - BitTorrent study finds most file-sharers are monitored

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    That's fine until your ISP starts choking torrent traffic...
    I'm on Virgin Media so they already do, I just set the downloads to run "out of hours" when they care less

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    There's not much decent to watch on the BBC these days, most of the good shows are on Sky

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    That's not my experience of torrenting at all.
    WHS

Although there isn't that much BBC stuff that I bother watching

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Why would I want to dick about waiting ages for some crappy illegal ripoff, badly processed in some tulipty codec, that gets stuck on 98% complete for three days, when I can just download a legal high-quality copy in a minute or two?
    That's not my experience of torrenting at all.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A lot of BBC stuff has started showing up on Netflix too which is cool since BBC don't like to leave their stuff online. That's my only peeve with iPlayer - it's by far the best platform - whereas 4OD isn't as good and has ads, but is a wonderful resource for their own-brand programs.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I torrent most of the US shows I watch, BBC can be hit and miss as to what they upload. The iPlayer is a god send, although the lack of series link on the mobile is disapointing
    That's fine until your ISP starts choking torrent traffic...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X