• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you were going to kill yourself..."

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Better a Jock than a Sassenach.
    Sassenach?

Oh, yeah, Bigfoot.

Saw a program on that. Don't believe a word of it.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Or Jock.
    Better a Jock than a Sassenach.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But at least you didn't say Scotch.
    Or Jock.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Fixed.

Remember, you are a Scott, so must uphold your nations traditions.
    Scot

But at least you didn't say Scotch.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Fixed.

Bleuugh! I can't stand the stuff, I'm afraid. *

* PS: How come the Smileys keep changing order, CUK? It's worse than keeping track of bookmarks in Android!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    My preferred method: heart attack induced by over-consumption of deep-fried Mars bars washed down with whiskey.
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    My preferred method: heart attack induced by over-consumption of chocolate fudge cake, during a post-dinner game of charades one Christmas circa 2063. Ideally, they'll get that I was doing "I left my heart in San Francisco" just as I pop my clogs.
    Last edited by Gentile; 1 September 2012, 17:08. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    I'd never kill myself. Though give me an M16, 1,000 rounds and a few dozen hand grenades, i could have some fun on my way out of this world.
    Every time I think of this, Bobs spring to mind.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    I'd never kill myself. Though give me an M16, 1,000 rounds and a few dozen hand grenades, i could have some fun on my way out of this world.
    Its nice when someone says what you think.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I always thought that if I was going to kill myself, then why not just go and do what I really want in life, or go and see the world or go and do good deeds, and not just chase money to pay bills.

And then kill myself when I'm bored.
    Funny you should mention that, as in recent years I've done what I really wanted in life, seen the world, done good deeds and not chased money.

What was that next step again?

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'd go for, naked in the wardrobe, tallywacker in hand, a pair of women's used knickers on my face, tights wrapped tightly around my neck and an orange in my mouth.

Xeno.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'd go for, naked in the wardrobe, tallywacker in hand, a pair of women's used knickers on my face, tights wrapped tightly around my neck and an orange in my mouth.

Xeno.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I always thought that if I was going to kill myself, then why not just go and do what I really want in life, or go and see the world or go and do good deeds, and not just chase money to pay bills.

And then kill myself when I'm bored.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    This may not be something you could manage yourself but ....

Native American execution tactic.

1) Split navel to sternum.

2) Insert a live Gila monster, sew the wound closed

3) Sew into the chest cavity of a rotting bull carcass to bake in the sun.

Sounds a tad painful.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Yep, whatever way I chose, it would be one that would have that outcome. Drowning is supposed to be one of the most painless ways, along with any kind of gradual hypoxia. Or hypothermia.

Read somewhere once that fire is the The Most Painful Way To Die, Ever.
    Drowning might be painless but triggers absolute panic - try to hold you head underwater until you lose consciousness (with someone to pull you out) and you won't be able to.

Hypothermia maybe, you're supposed to just feel warm and then doze off. Similarly diving drunkness (I forget the proper name)?

I always thought simply jumping off the Grand Canyon (or out of a plane) could be pretty amazing - an absolute rush and a chance to view the world in it's beauty as you go, with no pain. Unless you screw up and don't die when you land.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X