• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help with question for famous author"

Collapse

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Classic Brillopad sounds like John Major. More peas Norma?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    In the end my son chose his own question - "What were you like as a child?". Here is Lee's reply Lee Child interview - at school what were you like? By Matthew Neil - YouTube
    Nice. Good work.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Did he just answer "smaller"?
    He replied "Since they stopped calling me Jim Grant I have always been a Child".

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    In the end my son chose his own question - "What were you like as a child?". Here is Lee's reply Lee Child interview - at school what were you like? By Matthew Neil - YouTube
    Did he just answer "smaller"?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Excellent question

I'll watch it when I get home tonight

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Cretin.
    less of the buzz words honey

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner! 30 posts of insults to get a gem : about par from cuk I reckon.

It beats mine "what do you miss most about the UK when in New York".
    Cretin.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Ask him what was the most important thing to have happened to him in his life.
    Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner! 30 posts of insults to get a gem : about par from cuk I reckon.

It beats mine "what do you miss most about the UK when in New York".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Can you send me a copy of that letter, I might try and use it next time I take the kids to Legoland.
    You can borrow one of my kids and take him to legoland! Each autistic can take 3 with them.

They do read these letters quite carefully and check the age.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    On Tuesday Lee Child (author of the Jack Reacher book series) is at Waterstones in Leadenhall market. Tom Cruise stars in the film Jack Reacher based on the books - out in December.

He has kindly agreed to meet my autistic son at the start - my son has a doctor's letter stating that he cannot tolerate queueing.

I would like my son to ask Lee a sensible question - so far he has not come up with anything better then stuff frequently asked Author Lee Child: Jack Reacher Novels .

Anyone got any suggestions? And Lee is not thinking of joining cuk so none of the usual stuff please.
    Can you send me a copy of that letter, I might try and use it next time I take the kids to Legoland.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I'm distraught though.... he is at nursery for a whole day and it's killing me
    At least you've got the baby to keep you company

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    This I do like - if authors get more people reading, then that can't be bad.
    Unless it's the sort of book that teaches mentally disturbed people about head butting I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Ask him what was the most important thing to have happened to him in his life.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? The character in the books is nothing like Tom Cruise....
    Two answers.

1. Money.
    2. In interviews Mr Child (or Jim, as his mum calls him) has said Reacher's size is more an allegory for him being an unstoppable force of nature and Cruise's movie stardom is the same thing. Or some such twaddle. See 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X