• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guild Wars 2

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guild Wars 2"

Collapse

• tractor
    replied

EQ2 for me. Expansive and deep, lots of content, not so much if you are a vet but new content 3 or 4 times a year, now gone F2P with a microtrans market so if you like being nickel and dimed you can fill yer boots.

Bit dated now, but there's a huge amount of content. The F2P restrictions are quite limiting but it's only £8 or £9/month anyways.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    so there I was, wandering along, minding me own business, spying on this centaur fort, wondering if I should risk getting closer, when this big circle appeared, with me in the middle of it.

well, thats strange. it's just like a cross-hairs. ohhh, and that sounded just like a trbuchet being fired.
    bang!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I'm becoming more and more tempted to buy this game, but I still recall how many weeks of my life I lost playing the original GW some 5 or 6 years ago.

I just don't think I could spare the time any more, and that makes me sad.

:crylikeababy emoticon

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    level 25 now.

I am one fearsome dude. But I keep finding little areas where you need a team to get in.
    Thats the beauty of the game, team play

Do you still own "Ye Olde Balle-Bagge Shoppe"?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    level 25 now.

I am one fearsome dude. But I keep finding little areas where you need a team to get in.
    Thats the beauty of the game, team play

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Ok, I cracked and gave in and have bought a copy of GW2. Mainly due to this thread

Suspensions for Offensive Names and Inappropriate Behavior : Guildwars2

You managed to get yourself banned from an online game.
    You post on a public forum to protest your innocence.
    Game admins post the offensive chat you got banned for.
    The Internet laughs at you.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    ??

Asked a hooker on La Ramblas and she charged you 50Euro for directions?

Yeah Barcelona is like that.

I recommend reading "The Shadow of the wind"

It includes quite a detailed description of Barcelona, and is a pretty good story to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    level 13 now.
    I started crafting this morning, to see what all the fuss was about. finished exploring the city

Its very good, I got lost in Divinity's Reach in exactly the same way I got lost in Barcelona last year, and found my way out in exactly the same way. uncanny

??

Asked a hooker on La Ramblas and she charged you 50Euro for directions?

Yeah Barcelona is like that.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    level 13 now.
    I started crafting this morning, to see what all the fuss was about. finished exploring the city

Its very good, I got lost in Divinity's Reach in exactly the same way I got lost in Barcelona last year, and found my way out in exactly the same way. uncanny

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Has it got zombies? If so, I'm in!
    If you like Zombies the The Walking Dead game is great. Just downloading episode 3 now as its finally out. Its kind of an old school point and click/make decisions game but the art style is lovely and the story is pretty good too.

Was on sale cheap on Steam yesterday for the season pass, dunno if it is now.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Ask again in 6 months, I like to take my time

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Did an hour before work, hit level 6.

Spent a long time trying to get to a vista view, before realising it was a jump-a-thon.

then I lazed on top of the plinth for five minutes taking in the view

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    HJ you there yet?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Something bad I found with the Left For Dead franchise is that the first person viewing angle is very narrow so when you spin around it makes me puke.
    You want to try it 1 foot from a 30" screen!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    this makes me smile

hallo BGG
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chef again

I shall pass your on to him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X