• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommend some Jerky"

Collapse

• Raoul Duke
    replied
    Biltong

+1 for Biltong.

Biltong - Droewors - Boerewors - Sausages - South African Food - The Savanna

There is one of these shops in London Bridge station.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Amazon do some quite cheap.

Amazon.co.uk: leather insoles for shoes: Shoes & Accessories
    Last edited by Pondlife; 24 August 2012, 08:31.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I reckon I'll be getting one of those!

Thanks bobspud.
    You can make it in the oven as well. Hang the seasoned meat over the bars of the oven rack and leave it for 6-8 hours at 150, then leave to cool for a few more hours to finish the drying process.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Pah, they all fade compared to Martin's Jerked Meat (as seen on Dragon's Den).

Numerous flavours and associated snack products. By far the best Jerky around. I have put numerous bags in my van and car as emergancy food, so far none of them have lasted more than a journey as none of us can resist eating it.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    +6

Kudu or beef biltong are great. I also like the chilli sticks version.
    +7

Also - try Droewors. Kudu or Peri Peri for me. There's great Saffa shops in Putney and Roehampton.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    You can get drying machines to make your own...

biltong box | eBay
    I reckon I'll be getting one of those!

Thanks bobspud.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    You can get drying machines to make your own...

biltong box | eBay

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    +5
    +6

Kudu or beef biltong are great. I also like the chilli sticks version.

Leave a comment:

• Cr1spy
    replied
    I remember trying some South African Springbok jerky once. Really liked it but have never had good jerky since.

Is that the biltong thing that everyones' banging on about?

If so: +1

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Have you tried Biltong?
    +5

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    +4

(We get different types of Jack Links jerky here but its a bit steep)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You didn't have to eat it.
    I was trying for my own Iron Man.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    +3

There's a great South African shop that make there own near where I live - it's fantastic. I get the chilli-garlic one.

I agree about the shop stuff - it tastes like Brillo's codpiece just after his mighty effort in the Iron Man.
    You didn't have to eat it.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    +2
    +3

There's a great South African shop that make there own near where I live - it's fantastic. I get the chilli-garlic one.

I agree about the shop stuff - it tastes like Brillo's codpiece just after his mighty effort in the Iron Man.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    +2
    -1. Yeuch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X