• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hedgehogs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hedgehogs"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I really want a hedgehog.

but me garden isnt big enough, and there is not enough hedgehog infrastructure around to support one

I'm a bit pissed off about that

If you can't have your own, you could always consider adoption.

Benny

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post

Dawwww!!

Isn't cow's milk bad for hedgehogs, though? (scroll down, and third sentence on the link).
    Crikey - We didn't know that! It seemed to like milk though, as its tantrums showed.

Good find BTW

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    they are actually pretty flea ridden mangy things headhogs.

not at all like that blue one in the computer game

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    I really want a hedgehog.
    We had one that used to come at the same time each night and we'd put cat food out for him. Then one day he stopped coming and not seen him since so guess that didn't end happily

They are lovely things.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    We used to put a tin bowl of milk out for ours, and after a while it expected this every night and got very grumpy if we forgot - We'd hear loud metallic noises of the bowl being kicked round and round the patio until someone went outside to top it up.
    Dawwww!!

Isn't cow's milk bad for hedgehogs, though? (scroll down, and third sentence on the link).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Wonder what we would feed lions with?

Hedgehogs can be incredibly noisy. Loud crying noise last year and found a young hedgehog with chunk of spikes torn out, stinking cat probably. Not a major injury I daresay and eventually it wandered off.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 9 August 2012, 10:16.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I thought you were supposed to give hedgehogs water not milk ?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    We used to put a tin bowl of milk out for ours, and after a while it expected this every night and got very grumpy if we forgot - We'd hear loud metallic noises of the bowl being kicked round and round the patio until someone went outside to top it up.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Rarely seen live hedgehogs or foxes since moving to a rural area. They seem to like city life or, more likely, gardens are the only habitat they have in cities whereas ours can stay well away from us in the woods.
    You can often see them more as people tend to put out food for them. Great if it is hedgehogs, not so, if it is foxes.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Rarely seen live hedgehogs or foxes since moving to a rural area. They seem to like city life or, more likely, gardens are the only habitat they have in cities whereas ours can stay well away from us in the woods.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Get them in my garden occasionally, when i dug the test holes for my extension i came out one morning and there was one stuck down the hole, i lifted him/her out and sent them on their way round the back of the garden shed.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    There was one in my garden digging for worms when I looked out late at night a few months back. I sat watching him for ages - they're speedy wee things.
    Why doesn't that surprise me

Where you wearing your black belt and devising a crack solution to a clients urgent issue ?

Leave a comment:

• Basil Fawlty
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    And moaning about it on CUK is going to help how?
    Don't be so prickly....

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    I like to bandy drunken words with true friends now and then.

it means nothing. It adds nothing to the sum of human achievement.

It helps younger dudes to know that the older dudes are, in fact human, and occasionally silly

thats it
    Noted

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    And moaning about it on CUK is going to help how?
    I like to bandy drunken words with true friends now and then.

it means nothing. It adds nothing to the sum of human achievement.

It helps younger dudes to know that the older dudes are, in fact human, and occasionally silly

thats it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X