• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The F5 key

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The F5 key"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Listen youse lot.

I am a top developer, of the scouse variety.

and that f5 key will do what I fckng tell it to do. grr

i might make it the camel toe key

We can tell you're a Scouser. Some bastard has nicked all your capital letters.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    What about trapping the F5 key so that when your users press it a pop up appears saying that the action is forbidden and their logs will be sent to personnel?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Listen youse lot.

I am a top developer, of the scouse variety.

and that f5 key will do what I fckng tell it to do. grr

i might make it the camel toe key

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I once had a director of IT ask me to rewrite Lotus Notes so that unread emails were not highlighted red as this was too aggressive a color.
    Rewriting Lotus Notes so that emails are called "emails" would be a start.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Now I like the F5 key as much as the next man. But now my users want me to refresh the data in my app with the F5 key

I object to this new fangled webb thing dictating to the more mature desktop design. The tail is wagging the dog, mark my words
    Now, EO2, don't get ahead of yourself. EO1 is still mastering the Shift key yet.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Now I like the F5 key as much as the next man. But now my users want me to refresh the data in my app with the F5 key

I object to this new fangled webb thing dictating to the more mature desktop design. The tail is wagging the dog, mark my words

1 word. Castards.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That mid-90s is "new fangled" to EO is probably the biggest concern to his client...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    You can also use F6/Shift-F6 to move focus to the next/previous frame.

Well, you could on Netscape Navigator, which IIRC was where the "F5 for refresh" thing started back in the mid-90s.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I hope you gave him some yellow tinted sunglasses and invoiced him 5k.
    I was permie at the time and still realing from their WAVE (Women Adding Value Everyday) initiative to get more women interested in IT, I however got bollocked for renaming it the Washing And Vacuuming Executive

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I once had a director of IT ask me to rewrite Lotus Notes so that unread emails were not highlighted red as this was too aggressive a color.
    I hope you gave him some yellow tinted sunglasses and invoiced him 5k.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Your app should obviously auto-update.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Hope they are not using my Macbook then as all they'll accomplish is jiggling their screen brightness.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic The F5 key

The F5 key

Working...
X