• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Adopting a Boris Johnson"

Collapse

• sbakoola
    replied
    I laughed at this original post when the poor contractor at Dullsville contract on a Dullsville project decided to snap out of it and take on the bumbling, positive persona of Boris Johnson at a boring, dull end client site I.T. project meeting.

I may try that at the next Dullsville dead eyed I.T. project meeting, it may get me somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• darrenb
    replied
    Originally posted by insur View Post
    Decided that was not the attitude to take into a meeting, so went with an adopted Boris Johnson approach.
    At what point in the meeting did they pull you off your bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is the easiest thing in the world to be negative about anyone or anything.

You can be as negative about Boris as you like but he won a mayoral election when labour were way ahead of the Tories in terms of popularity.
    If you say no one more time I am going to have to kill you

At last I have found someone on CUK that I can have a grown up debate with
    Well, with that kind of threat hanging over me it's going to be way too difficult to carry on being negative.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    If you say no one more time I am going to have to kill you

At last I have found someone on CUK that I can have a grown up debate with

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    is

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Nup.
    is

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    With a brian the size of a planet he does a very good job of hiding it.
    Brian? Big as a planet? Goodness me, how big's his willy?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    yes it is
    Nup.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No it isn't.
    yes it is

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied

You can be as negative about Boris as you like but he won a mayoral election when labour were way ahead of the Tories in terms of popularity.
    No it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Showing you are the brightest star in the room is not the best way to succeed. I have lost countless battles over the years because I can pull a full working idea out of thin air or prove someone else's cant work in seconds.

While its fun to pop a blue mark round the date you think the poo will strike and take spread bets it's not wise or clever.

Boris is so stupid he is the mayor of London... And just think how many bright sparks there are in that place...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Never mind. Was fun at the time.
    And I bet you don't regret it either

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you are so right.Why can't they see it? I find now I just smile and send an email later.

I really liked your idea of painting it Blue, lets build on it, we should dye it green.
    I actually got a milestone put into the project plan once. I told the poor PMO that it was a reminder for a hardware delivery on phase two

I got a total kicking when the programme manager asked what it was after the fan had been decimated by tulipe and the milestone seemed to coincide (in the same week and ironically the only thing that had made its target on the whole project)

I probably should not have referred him back to the meeting where I said x would kill y and the timeslip would be z

Never mind. Was fun at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No, Boris really is a clever chap - and he really is an expert at hiding the fact.
    I agree. All of the cleverest people I've known over the years have been wise enough to hide the fact they were cleverer than those they were seeking to influence. None of them have done it with Boris's inimitable style, though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Showing you are the brightest star in the room is not the best way to succeed. I have lost countless battles over the years because I can pull a full working idea out of thin air or prove someone else's cant work in seconds.

you are so right.Why can't they see it? I find now I just smile and send an email later.

I really liked your idea of painting it Blue, lets build on it, we should dye it green.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X