• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: OU Results day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OU Results day"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Thanks, and well done to you, was the course good? I'm thinking of doing that later on.
    Yeah, it was good. A bit repetitive at times. I enjoyed the IE most - a chance to look at stuff that interested me, and ignore the bits that didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Well done
    Thanks, and well done to you, was the course good? I'm thinking of doing that later on.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Bit late to the party but yes. Grade 2 pass in Reading Classical Latin. Feck that was hard and now I'm signed up for the Continuation course.

For the likes of russell:

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet!
    Well done

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Bit late to the party but yes. Grade 2 pass in Reading Classical Latin. Feck that was hard and now I'm signed up for the Continuation course.

Yes, should I do a OU course now while I am
    a) working full time
    b) Running a plan B in evenings and weekends
    c) have 2 kids
    d) Am in process of moving home

or should I wait till I stop working in a few years then do it?

Expectare tempus

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Pass 2 for me in my first level 3 course (Renaissance art). Puts me in the happy position that as long as I scrape a pass in my next course, I should be good for a 2:1.

Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I just got a pass in my remedial maths (er I mean Masters)

Sasguru
    Shut it, poly boy

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Pass 2 for me in my first level 3 course (Renaissance art). Puts me in the happy position that as long as I scrape a pass in my next course, I should be good for a 2:1.

Anyone else?
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I just failed my remedial maths (er I mean Masters)

Sasguru
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Cheers all. It does require a lot of time/commitment - I don't think you could do it unless you were interested in what you were studying. (You've seen my ironing pile! ) I'm doing it for 'fun', but now I'm approaching the end, I'm half wishing I'd done something a bit more useful. Still, I've learnt a lot of stuff I didn't know I didn't know. Never got a degree at the proper time, so nice to prove to myself that I've got what it takes.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Amen to that. The fees for the MBA are ridiculous. 13K to finish the course while I was on it. I can forgoe a few nights out to not waste that.
    Ouch

Mine is 8K over 2 years but I know they're putting the fees up again and will probably end at ~10k

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I just got a pass in my remedial maths (er I mean Masters)

Sasguru

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Thanks for the comment from the guy that wimped out.
    I already have a degree, will do it once I retire in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    When you've paid the fees you find the time
    Amen to that. The fees for the MBA are ridiculous. 13K to finish the course while I was on it. I can forgoe a few nights out to not waste that.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    When you've paid the fees you find the time
    Unless you cancel and get a full refund plus get to keep all the materials

Leave a comment:

Working...
X