• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I join a union through my ltd co?"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    OK I might not quite "get" all the ins and outs of contracting and yes I may be struggling to get this idea that I am "running a business" like you all like to say you are doing but I am NOT a troll.

I hoped this forum would be a sounding board where some of us who are newer to this game might be able to get advice and mentoring from older hands but it seems that it unless you are "in the in crowd" you might as well pack up and go home as any questioner is either a bedwetter or a troll.

So label me a troll and ban me if you wish, I will simply find another forum, there is not exactly a shortage of them you know.
    You might have convinced some with that whinge, had you not gone down the 'but it seems that it unless you are "in the in crowd" you might as well pack up and go home as any questioner is either a bedwetter or a troll...' route.

Yawn.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Hey! I resemble that implication
    what are you incinerating?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I have to admit I was a member of IG Metall until a few years back as I never got around to cancelling my membership. Although I couldn't have really used it (except for a couple of things) I did claim the tax back on the subscription!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    Hey, I'm not in with the in-crowd either, but if you're not a troll you're a complete dickhead

HTH
    You are now with that comment!

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    Hey, I'm not in with the in-crowd either, but if you're not a troll you're a complete dickhead

HTH
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Well the next troll post and he'll get a ban.
    Fascist ! :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Actually, FWIW, I think you and the others handle these guys very well.
    Brown nose

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm in with the in-crowd.

I go where the in-crowd goes.
    Is this the famous cuk clique that I never get invited to?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just wondered if anyone has ever had any experience of joining a union thru their ltd company?
    Yes! I am a member of the NUT - the national union of trolls. I look forward to meeting you at the next coven.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So the question is: can I join PCS through my PSC.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Just wondered if anyone has ever had any experience of joining a union thru their ltd company? Or is it better to join in person? Would this put me outside IR35 in any way?

I have the opportunity to join PCS at current client and I am wondering if it may help when it comes to renewal time.
    Best to join in person.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Just wondered if anyone has ever had any experience of joining a union thru their ltd company? Or is it better to join in person? Would this put me outside IR35 in any way?

I have the opportunity to join PCS at current client and I am wondering if it may help when it comes to renewal time.
    The picket line will be a fun thing to watch

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm in with the in-crowd.

I go where the in-crowd goes.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied

HTH
    WHS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X