• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Latest Plan B

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Latest Plan B"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its not a restraining order, he just likes to be restrained.
    Only in his dreams sadly. Although it has to be said, that restraining order was the best 50 sovs I ever spent.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Doesn't your restraining order cover those sort of places?
    Its not a restraining order, he just likes to be restrained.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My offer for Blockbuster video has been accepted and you are looking at the new CEO. I'm glad my offer for SpudULike was rejected though. They've had their time.

There's a big future in video, ignore the luddites / naysayers, just look whats happened to vinyl

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    No problem in Walter Mitty Land, the magic passport covers such inconveniences.
    I think you'll find it's the magic mop and accompanying bucket...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

My offer for Blockbuster video has been accepted and you are looking at the new CEO. I'm glad my offer for SpudULike was rejected though. They've had their time.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Does anyone use Soft Play sites with their kids? Does anyone know of a good chain, franchise of Soft Plays??

I'm fairly convinced that each soft play is pretty much a 'standalone' business and that there aren't any well known franchises in the UK?

Anyone use them?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How is it going?
    Well, I stopped when I focussed on making a million quid in the US. Now I've done that, the tat is back baby.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How is it going?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Not feeling the 'goldmine' in this. Setup and running costs are going to sting and lots of uncertainty about turnover. I reckon the food and drink will provide most of the profit with the kids covering the costs + setup loan payments if you are lucky - bit like a petrol station, all the profit is pasties ! Competition from pubs using them as loss leaders + councils starting to chuck them in next to pools etc Plus - the park is free and any spend is discretionary.
    Nurseries is different, big, growing and steady demand for these as parents both have to work. Expensive to setup and run but these are a good earner I reckon.
    Not worth the grief in either case for me.....
    Nurseries and old peoples homes.

Cradle to the grave.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Not feeling the 'goldmine' in this. Setup and running costs are going to sting and lots of uncertainty about turnover. I reckon the food and drink will provide most of the profit with the kids covering the costs + setup loan payments if you are lucky - bit like a petrol station, all the profit is pasties ! Competition from pubs using them as loss leaders + councils starting to chuck them in next to pools etc Plus - the park is free and any spend is discretionary.
    Nurseries is different, big, growing and steady demand for these as parents both have to work. Expensive to setup and run but these are a good earner I reckon.
    Not worth the grief in either case for me.....

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Monkey Bizness in Braehead, Glasgow is a really good one - huge. they are in a chain.

And it rains all time, so they are quids in - expensive.

There are plenty of grim ones - e.g Linwood in a disused industrial estate next to a derelict scheme.

I go to ones where adults (with children) are allowed on the frame - they are the most popular.

Wacky, pub/burger joint ones are grrrrim filthy holes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I get paid extremely well thank you very much modelling businesses for clients. Thanks for asking.
    The only model you can be in my head is a very bad one

Have you decided yet whether to buy sledges this year or not?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you worked out yet how many viable Plan Bs you'd invent if you did not waste your time posting on CUK using your many sockie accounts?

I've run some draft numbers for myself and it did not look good
    I get paid extremely well thank you very much modelling businesses for clients. Thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Only just had a chance to look at this tonight (been so busy at work 'haven't flounced though' ) I'm working out the figures for out of town versus a shopping centre style model & how the concept of a chain would work. (not just shared marketing costs of course )
    Have you worked out yet how many viable Plan Bs you'd invent if you did not waste your time posting on CUK using your many sockie accounts?

I've run some draft numbers for myself and it did not look good

Leave a comment:

Working...
X