• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Not feeling the 'goldmine' in this. Setup and running costs are going to sting and lots of uncertainty about turnover. I reckon the food and drink will provide most of the profit with the kids covering the costs + setup loan payments if you are lucky - bit like a petrol station, all the profit is pasties ! Competition from pubs using them as loss leaders + councils starting to chuck them in next to pools etc Plus - the park is free and any spend is discretionary.
    Nurseries is different, big, growing and steady demand for these as parents both have to work. Expensive to setup and run but these are a good earner I reckon.
    Not worth the grief in either case for me.....
    Nurseries and old peoples homes.

Cradle to the grave.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How is it going?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        How is it going?
        Well, I stopped when I focussed on making a million quid in the US. Now I've done that, the tat is back baby.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Does anyone use Soft Play sites with their kids? Does anyone know of a good chain, franchise of Soft Plays??

I'm fairly convinced that each soft play is pretty much a 'standalone' business and that there aren't any well known franchises in the UK?

Anyone use them?
          Doesn't your restraining order cover those sort of places?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

No problem in Walter Mitty Land, the magic passport covers such inconveniences.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

My offer for Blockbuster video has been accepted and you are looking at the new CEO. I'm glad my offer for SpudULike was rejected though. They've had their time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                I think you'll find it's the magic mop and accompanying bucket...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  My offer for Blockbuster video has been accepted and you are looking at the new CEO. I'm glad my offer for SpudULike was rejected though. They've had their time.

There's a big future in video, ignore the luddites / naysayers, just look whats happened to vinyl
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Its not a restraining order, he just likes to be restrained.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Its not a restraining order, he just likes to be restrained.
                      Only in his dreams sadly. Although it has to be said, that restraining order was the best 50 sovs I ever spent.

Comment

Working...
                      X