• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going to Amsterdam tomorrow..."

Collapse

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    But surely you were at that starting point when you were young and left it behind as you grew up so how can that develop you? Can you think of an example?
    I think the older you get, the more you forget.

My wife and middle child were in the swimming pool changing rooms. A lady with a large ass came in and started changing, my middle child said, at the top of her voice, about the size of the ladies ass.

Trying to explain that to a 5 year old, and a 9 year old is an entirely different experience; one understands, or is starting to understand beig polite, the other one you are teaching to be honest.

I'll come back to another explanation once I return from town.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Its gets better as they get older, as they start understanding humour and things like irony. They also start asking questions that make you think differently, as they ask them from a different starting point, which actually develops you too.

But **** me, when they're young, it drives you insane.
    But surely you were at that starting point when you were young and left it behind as you grew up so how can that develop you? Can you think of an example?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Its gets better as they get older, as they start understanding humour and things like irony. They also start asking questions that make you think differently, as they ask them from a different starting point, which actually develops you too.

Yes, kids are like that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I was queueing behind a woman with a small child yesterday, and it was just constantly talking drivel (the child that is). How do people put up with this? I pity people who have this all the time, talk about ruin your life.
    I was in a meeting with 3 high level managers and exactly the same sentiment occurred to me.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Rijksmuseum and van Gogh museum are both worth a visit, there are some nice shops outside of the 'more touristy' area as well.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    I was queueing behind a woman with a small child yesterday, and it was just constantly talking drivel (the child that is). How do people put up with this? I pity people who have this all the time, talk about ruin your life.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Anyway, with 3 kids, you don't tend to think about sex anymore, given you're so frightened touching another woman would give you another one...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Nemo Science centre's worth a visit;

NEMO

A bit simplified for the geeks, but fun nonetheless.

If you want to see an old Dutch town, get the train to Haarlem (about 15 minutes); much nicer, good restaurants and the original old town centre's still intact; They have another science museum to; Teylers. And yes, they have independent contractors.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Nemo Science centre's worth a visit;

NEMO

A bit simplified for the geeks, but fun nonetheless.

If you want to see an old Dutch town, get the train to Haarlem (about 15 minutes); much nicer, good restaurants and the original old town centre's still intact; They have another science museum to; Teylers. And yes, they have whores.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Watch out for the beggars old boy. I found them the most aggressive and persistent in Europe.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Time to ban this dull sockie, which is now in its 3rd incarnation, methinks.
    What, because I called you a twat? Man up you simple dullard.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Oh shut up you simple man. What else would you go there for if you aren't going to pay for the sex?

Ah, I see.

Stag night son, stag night.

Twat.
    Time to ban this dull sockie, which is now in its 3rd incarnation, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Jeez, you really are a terminally dull cliche, aren't you? Bloke goes to Amsterdam and gets stoned, whatever next
    Oh shut up you simple man. What else would you go there for if you aren't going to pay for the sex?

Ah, I see.

Stag night son, stag night.

Twat.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Getting your own boat around the canals is a fantastic way to see the city. Please remember to untie the ropes, however, if you have been in one or two of the cafes, as people tend to laugh lots if you don't. If you visit the cafes, please ensure you don't before the awards, and most especially do not avail yourself of the variety of 'coffee' named after a black and white mammal that can make you smell quite bad. If you do, prepare to not remember much about an eveing spend wondering around in a state of unconciousness, with yuor willy hanging out. Apparently.

Anne Frank lived there. That's pretty much all you need to know about that.

There are some interesting animal shows, with rather attractive ladies who help them perform.

MF may spend €50, but that's why he is covered in lesions, warts and dead tissue. Up the budget and enjoy yourself with a proper lady, not the ones that also have a willy
    Jeez, you really are a terminally dull cliche, aren't you? Bloke goes to Amsterdam and gets stoned, whatever next

Leave a comment:

Working...
X