• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: God particle found

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "God particle found"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    BBC News - LHC claims new particle discovery

Myth confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Not to be outdone, the Americans think they've spotted it now:

BBC News - US sees stronger hints of Higgs
    What? You mean there's more than one of them?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Not to be outdone, the Americans think they've spotted it now:

BBC News - US sees stronger hints of Higgs

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    They will never find the god particle

I always wipe and flush

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The mail will have a front page warning people of the dangers of the Higgs boson's effect on house prices.

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I wonder what a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac physicist does?
    Searches tirelessly for the dog particle?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Post non-stop on PUK?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I heard that the physicists who study anti - matter, and Dark matter have booked time at CERN to look for the 'God Forbid' particle

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That explains it. Some Professor's missus found it while tidying the house and "put it away".

Which means, as every chap knows, it probably won't ever be seen again.
    Yeah, what is it with busybody wives that have this overwhelming OCD urge to swipe anything shiny from a table top into places hitherto unknown? I normally have all my essentials on my office desk, the logic being when I’m late, I pick all the very things that I need from one big pile on the desk immediately without having to run through a four page checklist.

But no, every bloody morning I used to come down to the office to find that Gollum had pinched the golden trinkets and so I was on the Mobile of Mordor to Gimli, Boromir, Aragorn, Legolas and Gandalf to get a quest going whereby I could travel the four corners of Undying Lands in order to retrieve the Car Keys of Isengaard, the Gloves of Gondor, The House Keys of Doom, the Wallet of Westmarch and the Condom of Umbar.

Well, I would have used the Mobile of Mordor to do this but bloody Shelob had whipped that away deep within the tunnels of Cirith Ungol. Or as she used to call it: her side of the wardrobe.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Under the sofa?
    That explains it. Some Professor's missus found it while tidying the house and "put it away".

Which means, as every chap knows, it probably won't ever be seen again.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Thank goodness.

Where was it?
    Under the sofa?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Thank goodness.

Where was it?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Because it doesn't exist?!?!
    Because it's divisive and leads to armchair enthusiasts making ludicrous assertions?

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    When they going to cure male pattern baldness, if they spent the money wasted on the LHC on that, I would have a full head of hair.
    Likely the radiation from the LHC is accelerating your baldness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X