• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SC Check status

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SC Check status"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Probably a stupid question and I could Google it but what do they actually check for Security Clearance?
    What's more important is what they don't check - your CUK posting history, otherwise most people on here won't stand a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Probably a stupid question and I could Google it but what do they actually check for Security Clearance?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
    What instructions?
    9) Pass the enclosed copy to your line manager.

10) Inform your Personnel Department that you have been granted clearance but not at what level.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

9. Eat letter after reading.

10. Under penalty of death never mention any content from the letter.
    It must of changed. it used to be

9) don't discuss whether you are or are not security cleared.

10) clearance is automatically terminated if you fail to follow 9.

Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Don't forget to follow the instructions in the letter, specifically points "9 & 10".
    WHS

9. Eat letter after reading.

10. Under penalty of death never mention any content from the letter.

Leave a comment:

• JaybeeInCUK
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    WHS.

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the letter, specifically points "9 & 10".
    What instructions?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    I received a letter (snail mail) when mine had been (successfully) completed.

This was Jan this year.
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Hi all,

My application status for Security Clearance is 'Complete', but the grunt squad's website doesn't specify whether it was successful or not. Anyone know whether 'Complete' is the NSV's way of saying, "You are cleared" or can I take it literally and assume that the lack of a sign of failure is NOT a sign of success? Or perhaps they are deliberately understating the matter and I've failed dismally?

The lack of info in the NSV status is pretty useless either way.
    It means they've done the checks. Whether or not the local SSO passes you is another question. They will let you know in time.

Think positive - it tookl a month between mine being completed and the security team telling me last time....

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Hi all,

My application status for Security Clearance is 'Complete', but the grunt squad's website doesn't specify whether it was successful or not. Anyone know whether 'Complete' is the NSV's way of saying, "You are cleared" or can I take it literally and assume that the lack of a sign of failure is NOT a sign of success? Or perhaps they are deliberately understating the matter and I've failed dismally?

It means they've done the checks. Whether or not the local SSO passes you is another question. They will let you know in time.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    I received a letter (snail mail) when mine had been (successfully) completed.

This was Jan this year.

Leave a comment:

• JaybeeInCUK
    started a topic SC Check status

SC Check status

Hi all,

Working...
X