• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Freeview knackered by 4G"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That's more or less what I've got by default, including some tits and bums channels.

However there's some stuff I never watch, so I was wondering what Vectra got for his £22.
    I just looked at Sky.com and it said £21.50 for the minimum. I pay £32 for the HD package, which gets you 60HD channels (1500% more than Freeview), as well as F1. Which I think is everything except Sports and Movies, and obviously the pay channels.

Each to their own of course, but when you factor in HD (I practically never watch SD now) and F1, it's actually pretty good value for money IMO.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ah.

'Tis a long time since someone sang "13 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from".

Now there's hundreds of channels of tulip on the tv to choose from.

And there's still nothing to fecking watch.

Ho hum.
    Waddaya mean, "nothing to watch"? 'George & Mildred' was on last week.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    You can cut your sky bill by ringing them up and pleading poverty. That's what I did when I spent a few weeks on the bench and they cut about 30% off my bill while keeping all the things I'd subscribed to. At the end of the day they would rather keep you than see you leave. It will go back up in October I think.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Sky Entertainment at a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Sky Everything (ie. World) is about £55 pm.
    That's more or less what I've got by default, including some tits and bums channels.

However there's some stuff I never watch, so I was wondering what Vectra got for his £22.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What channel package is that?
    Sky Everything (ie. World) is about £55 pm.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    £21.50 pm for Sky, minus the £25 M&S voucher = £233 for the year. Is £212 for 15 channels cheap compared to £233 for hundreds?
    £212 is a one-off payment, £233 is every year.

And it's closer to 80 channels than 15.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Presumably £212 is a worse case scenario, with the cost of a human fitter included. I wonder how much the filter alone costs and whether it will reduce the signal strength a bit even if it does block 4G successfully.
    It would be cheaper just to buy a new Humax with the filter already in.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    £21.50 pm for Sky, minus the £25 M&S voucher = £233 for the year. Is £212 for 15 channels cheap compared to £233 for hundreds?
    What channel package is that?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    What do the year 2 costs look like ?
    Two years with nothing but Freeview and I'd probably turn to drink in a big way. Sky would still be cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    What do the year 2 costs look like ?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Cheap compared to Sky subscription.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Allow some of those living in problem postcodes not to pay BBC tax for a year or two and problem solved (as in they got money to pay for fixing if they choose to do so).
    Expensive compared to a DIY freesat kit though.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Presumably £212 is a worse case scenario

Allow some of those living in problem postcodes not to pay BBC tax for a year or two and problem solved (as in they got money to pay for fixing if they choose to do so).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Funny that should be in news. Just yesterday I was trying out an old video sender, thought I might get it to work with my CCTV. Couldn't tune in to it on the TV but when it was turned on the normal channel service instantly failed. Thought I might set it it in the window overlooking my neighbour's property with a metal dish behind it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X