• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3.5 hours on 1 stretch of the M25"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    LOL! Apparently it's because he keeps looking for and turning down contracts that 'offer' him an extra 85 quid a day!

I've lost count the number of threads he's started claiming he's interviewed here, there and everywhere in the last 3 or 4 months.

I recokon he's really in telesales somewhere and he's just daydreaming about all these interviews. Poor sod!
    Yes... but in his defense - so far he gave no indication he is a tax cheat...

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    LOL! Apparently it's because he keeps looking for and turning down contracts that 'offer' him an extra 85 quid a day!

I've lost count the number of threads he's started claiming he's interviewed here, there and everywhere in the last 3 or 4 months.

I recokon he's really in telesales somewhere and he's just daydreaming about all these interviews. Poor sod!
    Sorry mate - it makes a huge difference to my life whether you believe me or not.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I seriously doubt it
    Also how come your looking for work on the south coast?
    I thought you had people hammering on the door wanting to offer you contracts?
    Or did you finally punch that 'bitch' at work, like you were threatening to do?
    Same time every month I get these responses.....

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Travelling 600 miles a week and staying in a hotel for 4 nights to make £425 a week. He either hasn't got his calculations right or is happy to live in a real hovel. Then again his plan b ideas and house purchasing methods were equally insane.
    £425 a week for that? I guess your the one who has got your calculations wrong in making that assumption.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Travelling 600 miles a week and staying in a hotel for 4 nights to make £425 a week. He either hasn't got his calculations right or is happy to live in a real hovel. Then again his plan b ideas and house purchasing methods were equally insane.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I seriously doubt it

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Taking the positives from this experience:

Never again will I complain about traffic and congestion in Manchester. The M25 makes the M60 look like a joke.....
    I seriously doubt it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Too many people not enough infrastructure. It will only get worse as it has all through my driving life.
    Just imagine how many great roads could have been built with all that tax money from fuel!!!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Never again will I complain ............................................
    Yeah, I ******* bet, too!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Taking the positives from this experience:

Never again will I complain about traffic and congestion in Manchester. The M25 makes the M60 look like a joke.....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Isn't there a book that tells you the best way to get between each junction if it is closed?

Though my favourite was a 4 hour queue when a tanker left the motorway between J5-6 and closed it ALL weekend. I got through it in 30 minutes by leaving at Reigate and following a back road on top of the North downs. Single track at alot of points. Not many people know it.
    You don't need a book you just need an ability to follow road signs and basic localish geographical knowledge.

If you aren't local or never been in that part of the world make sure you have a TomTom with traffic so you can follow everyone else in the convoy.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Isn't there a book that tells you the best way to get between each junction if it is closed?

Though my favourite was a 4 hour queue when a tanker left the motorway between J5-6 and closed it ALL weekend. I got through it in 30 minutes by leaving at Reigate and following a back road on top of the North downs. Single track at alot of points. Not many people know it.
    Isn't that the Pilgrim's Way?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I remember once I had an interview, it was around 30 mins by car. I left 45 mins early after checking the traffic was OK, so got there 15 mins early. Love telling that one down the pub.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I used to commute from Brentwood too...I learnt to hate the M25 but worked out how to skip bits of it by going off at various places and then rejoining it...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I spend two years commuting from Brentwood to Heathrow by car every day on the M25.
    I used to commute from Brentwood too...I learnt to hate the M25 but worked out how to skip bits of it by going off at various places and then rejoining it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X