• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moonlit Guerrilla Golf"

Collapse

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by LGDT View Post
    Played here in January.

First nine in daylight, second under the lights. Interesting although you have to keep the ball straight as the minute you go offline the light dissipates quickly.

One hole runs next to a creek which when night fell emanated a lot of hissing - I kept my drive well to the left on that one.
    Sounds pretty wild!

Leave a comment:

• LGDT
    replied
    Played here in January.

First nine in daylight, second under the lights. Interesting although you have to keep the ball straight as the minute you go offline the light dissipates quickly.

One hole runs next to a creek which when night fell emanated a lot of hissing - I kept my drive well to the left on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Couple of my out there mates from the pub have been playing nocturnal rounds of golf.
    That's actually very interesting. Styles Junior takes part in an annual night-golf competition at his golf club.

They use balls that glow in the dark, the rules are Texas Scramble, and they have a shotgun start so all the teams start and finish together.

Timing the event in the year is tricky. Obviously midwinter would be best because it is dark by 5pm, but at that time of year the course is often wet and the conditions usually very cold. So they go for October and start later.

They only play nine holes, which means they can only accomodate nine teams of four, but it means they finish in time for hot refreshments and a few jars in the clubhouse afterwards. And it also means they don't have to go down to the far corner of the course around the 11th and 12th, which is very spooky at night.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Couple of my out there mates from the pub have been playing nocturnal rounds of golf. Illegally.

The basic idea is to wait for a clear night with a full moon (not many of those recently) and drive off to one of the many golf courses and play a few holes in the moonlight.
    Someone's been watching the latest 'Magners' advert, haven't they?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Does that gauge reading mean there was zero Bulltulip in the OP post?

I think your gauge is broken!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I don't think it can be aggravated trespass.
    Defined as:

A person commits the offence of aggravated trespass if he trespasses on land [F1in the open air] and, in relation to any lawful activity which persons are engaging in or are about to engage in on that or adjoining land [F2in the open air] , does there anything which is intended by him to have the effect—
    (a)of intimidating those persons or any of them so as to deter them or any of them from engaging in that activity,
    (b)of obstructing that activity, or
    (c)of disrupting that activity.

Unless there were some PAYING midnight golfers of course..

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    They weren't members of the club

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I dont understand why anyone is getting upset. What harm does it do?
    It's well known that golf is a gateway sport that can lead to harder stuff like croquet and billiards.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They weren't members of the club

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Illegal golf? I wish I led such a wacky life.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    A friends house used to back onto a field. Always empty. If we had an occassion for a few drinks, by the end of the evening, his golf clubs would be pulled out and we'd all go for the longest drive.

Used to destroy his fence and none of us were any good, and were drunk.

The other game would be to get into the field to find the balls, and dodge the incommings. Excellent fun aged 25 and drunk as a skunk. Not so fun when you're knocked out by one on the scone.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    My mates dad used to belong to a golf club that did this. They would get pissed then play the back nine. They had bright orange balls and the wives used to run round with a torch. quite a good laugh. bit of a Fail to get caught for it though

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It helps if your balls glow in the dark.
    Careful. That's the first thing the dog went for.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It helps if your balls glow in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X