• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Congratulations, 60 years!"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    She'd have had to be careful standing up in a small hot air balloon
    That's why they stopped using them about the time they invented the Zeppilin.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I wouldn't take her camping.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Phwoar. Look at the spike on that.
    She'd have had to be careful standing up in a small hot air balloon

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Phwoar. Look at the spike on that.
    That's her submission equipment; bend her over, spike her head to the wall and help yourself whenever the fancy takes you.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Oooo, there's something about a chap in a pickelhaube.
    And he has got a magnificent one.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Looks like someone else would too..

+1

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What's funny now is that the Republicans and the Tea Party love the monarchy.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Never met any royalty and likely never will so no opinion what they're like as people although a friend of mine was decorated by the queen and the video shows her giggling away at a comment he made in response to a question she asked. He thinks she's a star.

I can't get it into my head that royalty should exist in the times we live in nor the titles that many people have attached, what is the point of that?

Forget tourism, build a theme park and get visitors, Buckingham Palace as a hotel would make a fortune just for what it is and that goes for every other royal residence. I've not heard a single good reason why we or any other country should have a monarchy.
    Because it p!$$es off the yanks that we have something they haven't

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    why would no monarchy mean more politicians?
    Some bugger'd have to be head of state. Tony Blair for president.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Lots of people turn out to see Jedward, but that doesn't mean they should be given a life of privilege and power at tax payers expense, let alone given a constitutional role theoretically sitting above the democratically elected government.
    That's crazy talk - of course they should.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Philip in hospital. linky

Hope he's bought a card for the telly.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Don't be stupid. They're Irish and Ireland's a republic
    So is Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Never met any royalty and likely never will so no opinion what they're like as people although a friend of mine was decorated by the queen and the video shows her giggling away at a comment he made in response to a question she asked. He thinks she's a star.

I can't get it into my head that royalty should exist in the times we live in nor the titles that many people have attached, what is the point of that?

Forget tourism, build a theme park and get visitors, Buckingham Palace as a hotel would make a fortune just for what it is and that goes for every other royal residence. I've not heard a single good reason why we or any other country should have a monarchy.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Simon Cowell's popular, holds a UK passport and no doubt more gets more viewers than any show Charles puts on. People also spend millions enjoying his output. Should he be next in line?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Lots of people turn out to see Jedward, but that doesn't mean they should be given a life of privilege and power at tax payers expense, let alone given a constitutional role theoretically sitting above the democratically elected government.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Given the massive crowds of people who appear at anything to do with the Queen and immediate royal family, I wouldn't say it's that irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X