• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stop calling them fat"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    One of the comments on the Wail page was

'But if you sugar coat the words fat and overweight won't the fatties just eat them as well?' (or similar)

Made me laugh anyway

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Its weird that people have this image of Linux / UNIX admins being like that but the ones where I'm currently working all tend to be quite young and very trendy. Now the Windows admins, they're the weird looking and acting lot...
    These things are all relative.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Let me guess, you work with linux / unix admins. Are there a lot of beards too?
    Its weird that people have this image of Linux / UNIX admins being like that but the ones where I'm currently working all tend to be quite young and very trendy. Now the Windows admins, they're the weird looking and acting lot...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Nothing to laugh at here, move along please.

Mother-of-two, 36, receives police warning for Facebook joke about squirting Olympic flame with water pistol | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    any strangely sticky keys on the keyboard? Dandruff covering the top of the chair and a nasty pong emanating from the seat area?

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    It's horrible to work alongside fatties in the office, they burp, fart and stink all the bl00dy time.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    It's horrible to work alongside fatties in the office, they burp, fart and stink all the bl00dy time.
    Only when you work with the poor minimum waged masses in low rent office space in a second rate nonessential niche industry doing a talentless mundane job.

Try educating and advancing yourself a little and move up the chain into the upper echelons of society with the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I may be fat but I am not slow, I don't need to be the fastest as long as I am faster than at least one other that you are trying to catch
    I'd just snap a few of the scrawnies and toss the pieces to the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    In a famine, we can eat the fatties.
    I may be fat but I am not slow, I don't need to be the fastest as long as I am faster than at least one other that you are trying to catch

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Did they make you stand apart from the others for better distribution of load?

Just kidding (since your're bigger than me and reasonably local)

Let me see.....Where was it you lived again?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

That should be a default sign off in this place. Made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I'm overweight, Losing the excess now but I wonder how many of you keyboard heroes would have the guts to call me fat to my face

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1552190

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mupps View Post
    But if you are totally honest how many miles have you walked/ran/cycled this week?
    How many salads have you consciously eaten instead of more tasty yet fattening food?
    3 miles walk on Saturday
    1.5 hrs kayaking on flat water Saturday pm
    2 miles walk on Sunday
    Tues and Wed weight training for 40mins (incl 10 min rowing machine, 2000m) - however is more aimed at rehabilitation than exercise
    Climbing (bouldering) on Tues night for 1hr
    Healthy food all the time but Monday night which was a kebab and chips after getting back late from customer

My problem is not eating healthy and exercise, that is all ready happening. Mine is the Mrs making cakes (V good cakes) and chocolate round the house which i then pick at regularly while working from home. I have at least a beer or a drop of whisky most nights. Add to that minimal exercise for 9 mths due to shoulder injury, but no real exercise for an 8 week period due to surgery on said shoulder. However, recovery nearly complete so exercise coming back swiftly in to life.

My weight is maintaining, i do need to lose about 1.5st personally. The weight will be maintaining as my muscle increases due to training, but will start to drop the fat fair soon (I hope!)...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Mupps View Post
    Do you drink at all?

I gave up drinking a few years ago and dropped a surpising amount of weight very quickly indeed.
    Teetotal. unfortunately that usually means about 20-30 cups of tea and coffee a day (no sugar and low fat whitener or milk)

I only drink diet sodas (coke etc) otherwise

Leave a comment:

Working...
X