• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract week 3 suity update - A Poll"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    SY: you missed a trick there. You could've had a field day on me with that one.
    I did have a field day by showing you put out too easy. The trick is to know when you've done enough.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thanks for the PM and the pics.
    SY: you missed a trick there. You could've had a field day on me with that one.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Wouldn't you like to know.
    Thanks for the PM and the pics.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    What are you, 12? I bet you've got a tramp stamp 'n' all.
    Wouldn't you like to know.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Troo dat.
    What are you, 12? I bet you've got a tramp stamp 'n' all.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Ignore who?

Troo dat.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    It was a pop at everyone, not just you. If people really do find your posts so dull, they could always just ignore you.
    Ignore who?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Fail.
    It was a pop at everyone, not just you. If people really do find your posts so dull, they could always just ignore you.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    This thread could be used for SY's next gig. Save some time, like.
    She doesn't say much, but when she does its profound

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Fail.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I think Spod has a point about SY. He does appear to be superman on every project and wonders why it fails. I thought this gig was a dev role, now a bit of pm, what next - is he going to get promoted to that role he had last time ? BPMA?
    In answer to this I was hired as a dev, with the sniff of BA. I then joined and the dev had been off-shored so I was just BA. So I inherited a junior BA who I am looking after, she is young (and fit) but doing well and learning well from the master.

It's not a very commerical outfit so anyone with any commercial experience will always shine so I am just filling my boots.

Today they asked me to head up the data migration project and I told them to go **** themselves.

Just secured a hefty increase in rate for all of the project lead stuff I just took up though so it's not as if they're not playing fair. It's just my day in the sun where I learn I can play hard ball, and have the confidence to say fook off to stuff. It's not as though I want to have another breakdown now is it, so the worst that can happen is I get tulipcanned. If they know what's good for them they will manage the project effectively and use me wisely in the short time I am there.

This, this is contracting.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I think Spod has a point about SY. He does appear to be superman on every project and wonders why it fails. I thought this gig was a dev role, now a bit of pm, what next - is he going to get promoted to that role he had last time ? BPMA?
    Bob is his krptonite.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    We actually Like Suity.

But he does bend over and ask for it sometimes
    He does stimulate ones penchant for delectatio morosa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X