• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stephen Hendry Quits"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Maguire has little doubt he ended the career of Scotland's greatest sportsman.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Ronnie has just won 3 frames in a row, and ended all 3 by fouling. Think he's taking the p.
    I'm sure certain players fluff matches deliberately sometimes, probably not with a view to betting, or favouring bets, against themself, but just to keep the odds higher and more interesting in future games.

One snooker player I know claims that would be impossible. But I'd have thought the opposite was true. I mean you only have to be a fraction out to miss a long shot, and who besides the player could possibly tell it was deliberate?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    What happened to Steve "Very Interesting" Davis?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I never used to like watching him when he was beating everyone, but was hoping he would make a comeback during this tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Ronnie has just won 3 frames in a row, and ended all 3 by fouling. Think he's taking the p.
    Agreed and it wouldn't be the first time either.

Still surprised at Mr H, as he seemed to be having a bit of a return to form earlier on.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sounds more like a world class flounce to me
    That's what happens when you were world class at something to start with

You get to be world class with your flounce.

Maybe he'll start coming on here now for tips on how to start up a LTD.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Given he's hanging around doing commentary now rather than legging it to hide, I think I believe him

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sounds more like a world class flounce to me

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Huh? Wasn't he steaming through the championship, thrashing all comers?
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Looks like he got trounced 13-2 in the present round.
    Yes and yes - he got a 147 in the first round and then trounced in the quarters. Says he already decided before the tournament started... sad way to finish but the 147 is nice I think he gets £50k bonus for it, unless someone else gets one?

Surprised with the CUK genteel clientele there is no discussion of snooker already.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Looks like he flounced when he was 13-2 down in the present round.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Looks like he got trounced 13-2 in the present round.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Shocker , I didn't see it coming.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Stephen Hendry Quits

Stephen Hendry Quits

A little sad. Nice of them to bring him on for the crowd to say goodbye though.

Working...
X