• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New bird believes..."

Collapse

• Scoobos
    replied
    wow, well that went nuclear dinnit..

Bump

Leave a comment:

• ZuiderZee
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No. But that fella from Spandau Ballet looked a bit of a raver.
    Errrr which of the two from Spandau Ballet is the one from Spandau Ballet?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ZuiderZee View Post
    Errr do you know anything about the Krays?
    <Subtle Hint> Queer as nine pence</Subtle hint>

You really need to understand that camp doesn't mean gay and gay doesn't mean camp.
    No. But that fella from Spandau Ballet looked a bit of a raver.

Leave a comment:

• ZuiderZee
    replied
    Wim. You make Dale Winton and Quentin Crisp look like the Krays you're so queer. You're so repressed, Mr Tumulus wonders how you got a prime position in that cupboard. With the last rep you left me, even Oedipus refers to a Wim complex.
    Errr do you know anything about the Krays?
    <Subtle Hint> Queer as nine pence</Subtle hint>

You really need to understand that camp doesn't mean gay and gay doesn't mean camp.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    True...

I seem to have the same outlook on relationships as contracts - extensions are good, however, if it's not enjoyable anymore - 'www dot alt dot com'...

Tone
    FTFY

BTW the link is NSFW

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    They always do in the early days, give it a few months.

True...

I seem to have the same outlook on relationships as contracts - extensions are good, however, if it's not enjoyable anymore - 'jobserve'...

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    It ain't all bad - she's good at ironing!
    They always do in the early days, give it a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Ha Ha Ha!

My wife just read your post over my shoulder. pointed at the screen, said "Insecure with Latent Homosexual tendencies" and walked off

I'm glad to see the 4 years doing her doctorate in Psychology didn't go to waste
    Mrs OG agrees. Her doctorate was in cognitive neuroscience but she lectures in psychology.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    May I point out that western women have a choice, opressed Moslem women don't

6- Requirement that women wear a long veil (Burqa), which covers them from head to toe.

7- Whipping, beating and verbal abuse of women not clothed in accordance with Taliban rules.

8- Whipping of women in public for having non-covered ankles.

10- Ban on the use of cosmetics. (Many women with painted nails have had fingers cut off).

Makes your comment and cartoon a little irrelevant
    As I already said in response >>

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Diver my dear fool, you are the one that brought up muslims. I certainly didnt and I fail to see how discussing an entirely separate culture is relevant to a discussion about the western world?

Climb off your soap box and come back on topic. This response of yours is well known and a pathetic manoeuvre as well and far from intelligent. When feminists cant counter a point rationally, they will bring in an abstract point (like you have with muslims) further it to a point where they feel they have proved a hatred of women and use that to try and "win the argument", because staying on topic they know they wont be able to counter the points effectively.

Your wife should know these common tired ploys. Please try something a bit different, even for entertainment.

So Im waiting for you to stop dodging the original conversation and answer those points. You have failed to do that throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Your wife may think that a woman wearing a burkha is terribly oppressed but do you ask each individual before speaking for them? They may feel that western women are taken advantage of.

This image I found amusing recently demonstrates this point:
    May I point out that western women have a choice, opressed Moslem women don't

6- Requirement that women wear a long veil (Burqa), which covers them from head to toe.

7- Whipping, beating and verbal abuse of women not clothed in accordance with Taliban rules.

8- Whipping of women in public for having non-covered ankles.

10- Ban on the use of cosmetics. (Many women with painted nails have had fingers cut off).

Makes your comment and cartoon a little irrelevant

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It's very convenient for you to automatically disregard any women who doesn't like you as a raving feminist isn't it?
    This has nothing to do with a woman liking me. I have no problem in that regard.

However diver's wife response is a classic well acknowledged attack that feminists use in their toolbox and quite frankly, it's as boring as your post.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    You are EO and I claim my five sessions with a psychotherapist, divorce lawyer and a priest.
    Im sure you know them all and can use their services for free. I bet your wife couldnt deal with your homosexual reps you left people, divorced you and with nowhere left to turn, you confided in a priest who lets you fiddle with the altar boys every sunday and you ask them to abbreviate "my father", just so when an altar boy says "MF, I have sinned" you can get some kind of sadistic sexual pleasure out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    You're confusing equality, which the OH has as well, since this isnt 1917 and social conditioning. In short, your wife to some degree is a feminist. Her tired vitriolic response confirmed it.
    It's very convenient for you to automatically disregard any women who doesn't like you as a raving feminist isn't it?

To paraphrase a line from The Social Network, you're going to go through life thinking that women hate you because they're all nasty feminists. That's not true, they're going to hate you because you're a twat.

Oh, and for gods sake stop saying "ad hoc" when you mean "ad hominem". It just makes you look like an even bigger tool than you already do.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Taliban restrictions and mistreatment of women include the:
    Diver my dear fool, you are the one that brought up muslims. I certainly didnt and I fail to see how discussing an entirely separate culture is relevant to a discussion about the western world?

Climb off your soap box and come back on topic. This response of yours is well known and a pathetic manoeuvre as well and far from intelligent. When feminists cant counter a point rationally, they will bring in an abstract point (like you have with muslims) further it to a point where they feel they have proved a hatred of women and use that to try and "win the argument", because staying on topic they know they wont be able to counter the points effectively.

Your wife should know these common tired ploys. Please try something a bit different, even for entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You are EO and I claim my five sessions with a psychotherapist, divorce lawyer and a priest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X